Problem: Mini PTZ cam will not auto change from IR b&w to color .

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cam is:
from Andy’s Amazon store. Problem is it won’t automatically go from IR b&w to color when daylight comes. I have to manually change the setting to color to get a color image.
I’ve attached two screen shots that show the settings for the cam:
Do these look ok?
The only other thing I can think of is that it draws more wattage when using IR and not enough to switch to color. It is a 200’
Run

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cam is:
from Andy’s Amazon store. Problem is it won’t automatically go from IR b&w to color when daylight comes. I have to manually change the setting to color to get a color image.
I’ve attached two screen shots that show the settings for the cam:
Do these look ok?
The only other thing I can think of is that it draws more wattage when using IR and not enough to switch to color. It is a 200’
Run
There is not enough light in there to trigger day mode. You can try adjusting the sensitivity but if that does not work you will need to use a script the the dahuasunsrisesunset tool to change it for you.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman!
I’m hoping adjusting the sensitivity will work.This cam is on a built in Poe switch on the NVR. If memory serves me I have to change the PC to the 10.X.X.X scheme to get into the camera’s interface and run an Ethernet cable to the built in switch, is that correct? Thanks again,

tubac

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
depending on the NVR model, it may have a 'virtual host' feature that gives you access to the cams directly via a port (eg:6500x, where x is the physical port number on the NVR)

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

Where to look the NVR menu?
I see Hikvision has that feature.
I have a Dahua , do they call it something else?

Thanks,
Tubac

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
sorry, not familiar with dahua NVR's or if they support that. if not, you may need to put your PC on the IP subnet used by the cams on the PoE port side of the NVR and plug into an unused poe port (unplug a cam if needed)
but i guess you already described that above. ok, i need more coffee...