Problem when adding 3rd party cams to Dahua NVR

Gilera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Wondering if I can get a bit of help here. I have set up an older Dahua NVR (4832) with the latest version of firmware and have installed SmartPSS on a windows PC and DMSS on my phone. I am currently using Milestone Xprotect on another Windows based PC and planning on moving over to the NVR. I was doing some testing on the weekend with adding my Illustra dome cams to the NVR. I was able to use Onvif to successfully add them. But when I viewed the live feed (haven't set up to record yet) I was getting freezing for a second or two maybe every 15 seconds or so. This does not occur on the live feed in Xprotect or on the camera UI. It does not occur in the NVR with my Dahua cam, only the Illutra. I tried changing to UDP and a playing with a few other settings but nothing seemed to resolve this. I have the NVR plugged into my PoE managed switch which is powering the cams. The computer with Xprotect is also connected straight to this switch. I was viewing SmartPSS on another computer on my network. Could this have something to do with the fact that I am already recording the stream through Xprotect? The cameras don't currently have multicast enabled. Is this a potential issue? Any other ideas?