PROBLEM WITH DHI-NVR4116HS-8P-4KS2

santiagob

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I downgraded the NVR firmware to try to solve a upnp problem and the NVR now won´t boot up.
I opened to do a hard reset but didn't find any reset button to to presss... any suggestions on how to hard reset this model?
Cheers!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
UPNP should never be used. It's a huge security risk.
Use search to find other post's about this same brick problem.

santiagob

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not really concened about the security of my system... what I want is to restore to defalult my nvr...

santiagob

n3wb
Reaction score
Didn´t know about that! I´ll check it out.
My network is prity dull and borring... I give access to it to anybody that asks and is willing to help on improving my configs..
cheers

santiagob

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand your point Looney2ns but for someone that it's not an expert on networking, routing, or IT master you can´t deny that this simplifies peoples lifes...
The other choice is to study a lot, try to configure your network to avoid the intrusion of someone to it to protect something that you probably don't really mind (like my case)..
Nut I'll give it a try and study some to see if I can make it more secure...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand your point Looney2ns but for someone that it's not an expert on networking, routing, or IT master you can´t deny that this simplifies peoples lifes...
The other choice is to study a lot, try to configure your network to avoid the intrusion of someone to it to protect something that you probably don't really mind (like my case)..
Nut I'll give it a try and study some to see if I can make it more secure...
It's not about them seeing your video, it's about them taking over your entire network and everything on that network and using it to attack others on the internet.
Most all of use here, are not network experts in any form.