Problem with FI9831W Picture?

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have two FI9831Ws with the same configuration. I've been running both great for the past 3 weeks. One day one of the cameras starts to display a poor picture. The quality actually looks okay but for some reason there are weird colors along the shadows, green/blue/etc. Does anyone know why this would happen? I've checked the settings and both cameras are still the same.

Thanks.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post screenshots?

Sounds like the IR filter may be defective, though that usually results in red/orange/purple discoloration.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Everything was fine until this past Sunday.

Here are before/after shots.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay that is funky. Not likely to be related to the IR filter. I would try rebooting the camera (you've probably already done this), and maybe a reset to defaults + firmware upgrade. If those don't solve the problem I would ask for warranty replacement.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does it look this way when you connect to the camera directly via web browser?

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Originally I could install the plugin to see it directly from the camera but for some reason now all my browsers block it now. I've tried IE/Firefox/Chrome. Do you know how I can get the plugin to install?

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay with the help of google I unpacked the foscam plugin and got it installed in Chrome. The same picture appears from the camera directly via the web browser.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also checked my firmware version and it is 2.11.2.8 so I don't think I need an update.