Problem with firmware update.

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Dahua Ipc-hdw2231t-as-0280b-s2 model dome camera and when i check firmware it's writing 2.800.0000000.14.R,2020-02-29. If i check update with NVR its write Update verification failed. if i check inside camera interface its says lastest version. is it really lastest version (2020-02-29) ??

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their camera.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png

Albi

n3wb
Reaction score
As wittaj told you "Never change a running system", when you don't have Problems, than you dont need to update.

But FYI latest Firmware is V2.820.0000000.30.R.210508

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sure it's original Dahua. Local distrubitor is selling here. isn't aliexpress product. So thanks for notice but i have problem with just quality. camera is working well but i ddidn't like picture quality. if firmware change log is not about quality i will not update..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Firmware update will not change the picture quality.

It is an older 2MP camera.

But post some screenshots of your images and screenshots of your settings - in most instances it is due to someone running default/auto settings.

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware update will not change the picture quality.

It is an older 2MP camera.

But post some screenshots of your images and screenshots of your settings - in most instances it is due to someone running default/auto settings.
Thanks wittaj. i will post very soon

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi dear friends, i will post some photo here. about settings and picture quality. thanks for help.

Screenshot 2021-05-26 09.45.38.png Screenshot 2021-05-26 09.44.51.png Screenshot 2021-05-26 09.43.58.png Screenshot 2021-05-26 09.43.23.png Screenshot 2021-05-26 09.42.49.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They look very good and nothing wrong with them.

The one picture you digital zoomed closer and that is going to happen with a digital zoom. If you want a closer view, you either need to move the camera closer or get a varifocal with an optical zoom. Digital zoom only works in the movies and TV shows.

What about the picture don't you like?

And I am sure this is not the final spot for the camera. You are on default settings which look ok for a bright image like you have, but if these will be outside, you will need to adjust them to what the field of view is.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should not use SmartPSS to make image adjustments FYI

Log into the camera interface itself and make all setting adjustments within the camera UI. There are some that you can’t even access from SmartPSS. It’s a great live viewer and tool for downloading clips, but not the best way to adjust settings.

Gurkut

n3wb
Reaction score
You should not use SmartPSS to make image adjustments FYI

Log into the camera interface itself and make all setting adjustments within the camera UI. There are some that you can’t even access from SmartPSS. It’s a great live viewer and tool for downloading clips, but not the best way to adjust settings.
Thanks for notice dear bigredfish