Problem with HIKVISION DS-2CD3132-I (alarm event, ftp, email)

Bengab

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
sorry, I'm a new bee in case of Cameras, and I hope I can get some help from the forum.

I've bought this camera to check the garden area of my house. If something changes I want to get an alarm. The pictures and streams of the camera are ok. But I get several problems.

- no eMail notification: it looks like the SSL definition is very old and I get all the time a error message

- FTP Test button works, but if I configure an alarm event and toggle there on to send a picture to the FTP, nothing works.

Can it be that the alarm event is not working because I have no save space (like NAS) configured?

Hope that somebody can help me.

Bengab

bamus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there!

* E-mail notifications: it's very finicky about which provider you use. Gmail didn't work for me, my own ISP or hosting provider for my company website didn't work either. The only thing that works so far is GMX (it's a free provider). I use that account solely to send e-mails from the cam. Also make sure you use the Google DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) in your network settings.

My setup is different from yours when it comes to storage so I'm no 100% sure how it should work but there are some bugs in the alarm notification settings. Sending e-mails works for all types of detection. Push notifications however only work some of the time and only for Movement Detection; Line Crossing and Intruder Detection do not send alarm notifications at all (to the mobile app in my case). Yesterday I tested Movement Detection push notifications during the day and they worked fine but last night, even though some were triggered because I did get e-mails, no messages arrived on the mobile app.

I *think* they should work without storage but as you can see there are still some bugs in the firmware. I hope you get e-mails working, that way you have some form of notification at least. Let me know how that goes!

Cheers,
Johan

Bengab

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Johan,
thanks for the reply. I will test the eMail notification with GMX after work.
Do you know where I can get an acutal firmware for the camera? I don't find any on the HIKVISION homepage. Also I don't find any information for my camera there.

Bengab

bamus

n3wb
Reaction score
Bengab,

Be careful with firmware. I tried flashing mine with one I found on the Hikvision website and it bricked my cam. You can recover however, but it goes to show that not every firmware will work on your device. Depends a bit on language/region and build I think, I'd suggest to double check here on the fora to make sure you have to correct version before flashing!

Cheers,
Johan

Tulak

n3wb
Reaction score
Google may block sign-in attempts from some apps or devices that do not use modern security standards.
Change your settings to allow less secure apps to access your account. We don't recommend this option because it might make it easier for someone to break into your account. If you want to allow access anyway, follow these steps:
  1. Go to the "Less secure apps" section in My Account.
  2. Next to "Access for less secure apps," select Turn on

go here and sign in Device activity & notifications
https://myaccount.google.com/intro/security

Tutorial] Setting up Motion Detection & Email Notifications
http://www.forum.use-ip.co.uk/threads/tutorial-setting-up-motion-detection-email-notifications.472/

Bengab

n3wb
Reaction score
Email notification is running. Some minutes ago I got my first event eMail from my camera. I used a gMail account.

But nevertheless, I don't understand that HIKVISION can not handle the FTP functionality correct. I hope there will be soon an update.

poweruser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Email notification is running. Some minutes ago I got my first event eMail from my camera. I used a gMail account.

But nevertheless, I don't understand that HIKVISION can not handle the FTP functionality correct. I hope there will be soon an update.
I experience the same FTP problems, very annoying.