Problem with Loryta SD49225XA-HNR 2MP not streaming well on on Dmss app and Smart PSS

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a camera system using a Dahua N41B2P2 NVR. Recently this camera has not been streaming video well. When I open the camera up in the app it always takes awhile to upload the stream and just doesn't seem to work well. Upload speed seems slow as shown in the upper right hand corner compared to the other cameras. This is the only PTZ camera I have and it's always worked well until recently. It is located about 330 feet away from the NVR using direct burial cat 5 cable. I checked the cable with a tester and the signal seems fine. I've also put another camera in it's place and it also seems fine. Can anyone give me some advice? I'm going to email Andy and see what he thinks also

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the power supply. Some of these cameras operate right at the tolerance thresholds and it doesn't take much deviation for it to lag.

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
Check the power supply. Some of these cameras operate right at the tolerance thresholds and it doesn't take much deviation for it to lag.
How do I check the power supply? It's powered by POE through the cat5 cable. You're saying it's possible that the NVR isn't supplying enough power? It did seem to work fine before.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that NVR but most have a screen where you can see the power draw or usage. Pushing that distance off an NVR POE port can shorten the life of it as well. My longer distances are always the first to fail and ends up being power.

You could isolate that camera onto an external Poe or power supply for testing.

giannid

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have that NVR but most have a screen where you can see the power draw or usage. Pushing that distance off an NVR POE port can shorten the life of it as well. My longer distances are always the first to fail and ends up being power.

You could isolate that camera onto an external Poe or power supply for testing.
That makes sense. Do you have a link for an external POE or power supply? Maybe I'll just buy one and see if it makes a difference. I'm not really knowledgeable with these camera systems. If it's not too expensive, I'll give one a try.