Problem with tftp

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help out whilst waiting for a pm reply.

I'm trying to downgrade a Chinese nvr 7832N
Using tftp
I've followed the instructions to the dot but I cannot get the nvr to accept the firmware

On the him tftp server I get:
Tftp server [192.0.0.128] initialized
Connect client [192.0.0.64] success
Open file failure [c:\TFTP-AUTO-UPDATE\econt_vision-AV200]

I've used a known working dav file sent over from whoslooking

I can't get any further despite numerous reboots over the last 2 days solid

I'm using a win7 64 bit machine and the hikvision Tftp server

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you are pretty close - but not quite there yet.
A couple of things to check:
Can you confirm that the digicap.dav file is in the same folder as the tftpserve.exe file?
And it may be worth checking the Windows firewall rules for tftpserve.exe in case something odd has crept in.
Windows firewall | Advanced settings | Inbound rules and check that there is Allow for both UDP and TCP for Public and Private for tftpserve.exe
Or maybe delete all rules for tftpserve.exe and when you run the tftp server the next time tick both Public and Private and click 'Allow'.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi
Yes I can confirm the digicap.dab is in the same folder.

I checked the rules last night only instances of tftpserv.exe were already allowed for both private and public connections

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you have full read/write NTFS rights to the folder where the tftp is located, or simply move it to another drive if you have.
The file should be digicap.dav, probably just a typo...

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had this same problem on my NVR.. Still can not get it to work.. BUT I know all my settings are right because I used tftp on 2 of my cameras no problem.. seems like it's just NVRs..

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had this same problem on my NVR.. Still can not get it to work.. BUT I know all my settings are right because I used tftp on 2 of my cameras no problem.. seems like it's just NVRs..
I ended up using serial connection which allowed the update

But I've now got a bigger problem
I have a 7832 NVR manufactured 09/2015 with 3.3.4 already on it which doesn't allow rollback so I cannot change the Chinese language to English

I'm a bit gutted because it was for my dad as a present so at the minute its not useable (well it works but in chinese)

I think they've implement the Ame measures as the cameras because when you try to downgrade you get system rollback forbidden

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 7832 NVR manufactured 09/2015 with 3.3.4 already on it which doesn't allow rollback so I cannot change the Chinese language to English
So it came with Chinese menus - and you're trying to go to an earlier version of firmware to get a multi-language version installed?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes buddy

Seems like it's a no go at the moment though

Looks like new protection added to this particular nvr (or firmware)

whdpc113

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem with an NR50P6-16 (DS7716 equivalent). This TFTP setup I have would load firmware into several DVRs without issue, but somehow what I think are the identical settings on an NVR get me the dreaded 'Open file failure [c:\TFTP-AUTO-UPDATE\econt_vision-AV2000 ] error message. This is the HIK TFTP V1.0 program, and the F/W is in the same folder as the TFTP program, which is the default file path. It connects from 192.0.0.64 every time, but fails to find/load the digicap.mav file in that folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem with an NR50P6-16 (DS7716 equivalent). This TFTP setup I have would load firmware into several DVRs without issue, but somehow what I think are the identical settings on an NVR get me the dreaded 'Open file failure [c:\TFTP-AUTO-UPDATE\econt_vision-AV2000 ] error message. This is the HIK TFTP V1.0 program, and the F/W is in the same folder as the TFTP program, which is the default file path. It connects from 192.0.0.64 every time, but fails to find/load the digicap.mav file in that folder.
I don't know anything about the mav files but you may be better off just getting a ttl cable and adaptor and do it that way

As once you have the cable it's easy to connect on the nvrs

whdpc113

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the mav files but you may be better off just getting a ttl cable and adaptor and do it that way

As once you have the cable it's easy to connect on the nvrs
I guess I have to look into that. The digicap.mav and digicap.dav files are the f/w usually loaded at the recorder off of a USB drive for 'routine' f/w updates.