Problems Logging in over DDNS with 1 of my camera's

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have 2 Hik-Vision cameras set up with no NVR. I have the DS-2CD2142FWD and the DS-2CD2432F Cube.

The 2142 dome has been fine and I haven't had a problem logging in with my DDNS domain link. I have had a few problems with the 2432 cube. Its was fine at first and I could log in with out a problem but then a few days ate after I got the hik-vision rederect page I just get errors saying resorce (cam ip address) is online but isnt responding to connection attemps.

The first time the camera done this a reboot by turning it off and back on fixed the problem. The 2nd time it has done it that isnt fixing the problem.
The weird thing is I have the iVMS 4500 HD app set up with the same DDNS setting and that can access the cameras live feed without a problem through that.

The camera is on the latest availble firmware from the Hikvision site. I have tried it on multible desktop browsers and get the same problem.

Has anyone ever had the same problem as has anyone got idea what may be the problem?

Thanks
Fin

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
Well today the app even stopped working saying the camera wasn't registered on the DDNS server. I emailed HIK support and waiting on there reply. As I couldn't even get local access I decided to have a look at my router. When looking at the devices connected the camera I was having the problem with was no longer there even though it clearly showed on SADP. I clicked on enable DHCP and rebooted everything. the camera was then again showing with in the routers connected devices and everything started to work again as it should. I unchecked DHCP so I could enter 8.8.8.8 and 8..8.4.4 in to the DNS server again.

Hoping Hik Vision help out as I am expecting I to fail again in a few days.