Problems Setting Up IVS Notifications/Alerts in DMSS

Andy112

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, new Dahua customer here with gear purchased through EMPIRETECANDY.

I've got 4x HDW-3849H and an NVR5216-16P-4KS2E NVR, however am having some difficulty setting up notifications/alerts for IVS tripwire motion zones that I have setup on all cameras. Can I please have some assistance with this?
The IVS zones seem to be working pretty well when motion is detected resulting in the flashing lights engaging, however I would also like the DMSS app to notify me when this occurs (so I can check the app and choose whether to engage the siren).

Edit: I'm using IVS Smart Plan as I've read it's superior to motion detection and smart motion detection.

Thank you :cool:.

Screenshot_20211102-185513.pngsignal-2021-11-02-18-57-05-137.jpg

Last edited:

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy, did you check the period setting of the IVS at the web config? (Located near "parameter setup") it should be set on 24/7 also.

Andy112

n3wb
Reaction score
did you check the period setting of the IVS at the web config? (Located near "parameter setup") it should be set on 24/7 also.
Hi Damon thanks for your reply - yes I have configured the period setting, however it is not 24/7 as I do not wish to be notified/alerted 24/7 but rather only when nobody is home etc. Have I misunderstood the period setting then?

Here is my configured schedule/period setting: Schedule.png

Last edited:

Andy112

n3wb
Reaction score
Something perhaps relevant is that the cameras are only connected via PoE and no additional connections (as I noticed there were multiple ways to connect, which to me looked redundant seeing as I'm using ethernet).

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Damon thanks for your reply - yes I have configured the period setting, however it is not 24/7 as I do not wish to be notified/alerted 24/7 but rather only when nobody is home etc. Have I misunderstood the period setting then?

Here is my configured schedule/period setting: View attachment 107058
So just to be clear, you only want to get an IVS push message where the time is marked green?

Edit: POE is the way to go (and works)

Andy112

n3wb
Reaction score
So just to be clear, you only want to get an IVS push message where the time is marked green?
Yep that's correct - otherwise when we're home I'll be walking around outside tripping the alarm and getting notified of myself :p

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
So not getting push messages in DMSS is a very common problem (search forum). And what i know is that different things like update/firmware/phones/settings can be a problem. And sometimes just the app which does not work the way it should work. Oké troubleshooting for now:

-Make sure Smart Plan is check by clicking on the Bulb and it will turn blue. Else IVS will not work.
smart plan checked.PNG
-In another thread i have read that it can help to set snapshot in your storage "you have to have "Snapshot" checked in your Camera's IVS rule and you have to have the "Schedule" for "Snapshot" in "Storage" for the camera " DMSS and DMSSHD on Ipad on iphone notifications
-Are you loggend in with DMSS or using it local? Also very different per situation. But sometimes it works best only use it local (logged out) and sometimes being logged in (registered at DMSS) try it out!
-Also you should check if "mobile push" is checked at system. But i believe this is standard checked.. but just to be sure.
mobile push.PNG
-If all of this is not working. Do a fresh start; Delete the IVS rules. Delete your DMSS APP. Factory reset your camera (maybe update before reset). And start over :')

Good luck!

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to manage Smart Plan using DMSS application?
For instance can I switch on or switch off the Smart Plan using DMSS mobile application?