Problems with DS-2CD2042WD-I

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I received a new camera DS-2CD2042WD-I.
I tried to set up crossing-line, intrusion and motion detection.

I'm a little disappointed regarding this camera because :

- To have a correct detections, i've to put sensibilty at minimum 55% with fight at around 3 meters.
(I've others cameras set to 20 and running well ....)
- Camera received with last firmware : 5.4.5
- Detections are running for few minutes and then nothing more : no emails, no informations send to my NAS for registering.
- Crossing line is working when it want ...

I've done a ping test when no detection are running anymore:
PING 192.168.0.35 (192.168.0.35): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.0.35: seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.418 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.35: seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.299 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.0.35: seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.381 ms

--- 192.168.0.35 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.299/0.366/0.418 ms
I can stream in direct but no detections are running. I've to reboot the camera and then all is working for a few times.

What's going wrong ?
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

TJ01

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 of these cameras and each update either fixes something but breaks another. Its a constant pain and even after 12 months of use I'm still not really happy with them

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Motion detection is in use now with my NAS QNAP. But when i enable one more detection or two , then camera don't want to work anymore and i can just stream in direct ....
How did you use them ? With a NVR, External storage, NAS ?

Last edited:

TJ01

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using them with the 7608 nvr. The line crossing used to work great. I'm not sure if it was the recent update or the one before that because now it works on and off. Also had problems with the email notifications. I get two or three emails at the same time but only one with the photo attachment. Sometimes they are blank emails as well and the photo one never arrives.
I've never had a problem with the motion detection. That seems to work ok as I use that on my front drive camera to scroll through the previous nights events quicker if needed.
Have you searched on here for related problems with this camera?

IL-MAFIOSO

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought this camera because was written like "new camera" on French Website.
Then was hopping having something better .
I've already 4 cameras that are working great .
But since I have this one i don't know really why it do but I'm now having now problems with all email notifications for all cameras : cannot connect to server . Then when I change and try with gmail account with TLS, test failed ....
I don't know what happened but all test emails for all cameras are now not running . I don't know where to look . Perhaps they're are now blacklisted but where ? And why all cameras ?
I should perhaps open a new topic for that ....