Problems with PUSH notifications

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I've setup the push notifications on my android device, using the BI webserver.

I have a "silent" profile (no push notification), and one "alert" profile (with push notification)

Yesterday, everything was working normally, and my smartphone received all the push notifications without problems. Then I switched to the "silent" profile during 3-4 hours, and then I switched back to my "alert" profile (from the BI android app)

The problem is that since I switched back to my "alert" profile, I don't receive anymore the push notifications... I am always able to connect to my webserver with the android application without any problem, and it seems that the right profile is well activated... but no push notification anymore...

I'm using the latest version of BI mobile.

Could someone help me?

Thank you

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Someone knows if when the phone is restarted, we have to launch a first time the BI android app to "activate" the push notifications ?

Because it seems that I don't receive them when I restart my phone. After restart, when I have launched BI mobile, they seems to come back...

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't speak directly to the Android side since I am using iPhone, but I know this is not needed on iPhone. Hope an Android user is able to chime in.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go to the play store and get the app "Battery doctor" It's a great app to help keep apps that auto run closed, and really does help your battery. It's surprising, but my point is, you can add apps to "autostart" and you can add your app to autostart and see if that fixes your issue.
It's a great app once you sit down and configure it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the play store and get the app "Battery doctor" It's a great app to help keep apps that auto run closed, and really does help your battery. It's surprising, but my point is, you can add apps to "autostart" and you can add your app to autostart and see if that fixes your issue.
It's a great app once you sit down and configure it.
The blue iris app does not need to be autostarted to receive push notifications..the OP has some other glitch going on.