Problems with recordings

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys I am running the latest version of BI (I was running the latest stable but kept having terrible memory leaks). I have a configuration where my new is being stored on my D drive which is local to the machine along with that database.
I have it configured that when the files are 2 gigs or 14 days (its size that's the issue first really for a few of the cameras), to move them to my SAN. There I tell it NOT to delete anything on the SAN I pretty much have a huge amount of space on there.

I looked and I didn't have any recordings in clips (and on the calendar) for anything beyond 4 days ago. When I go in the SAN and look at files the oldest is October 2nd which is 3 weeks or so. I am unsure what I am missing or why things went missing but its very concerning that I have no records previous to this date. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Neil

Attachments

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What version are you running? I just read there was an issue with the database in .10, but fixed in .11.

For me the memory leak was fixed a couple versions ago.

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The latest stable had horrible memory leaks. I had to use the latest release in order to fix that problem and after that I noticed I had no recordings from a long time before. This isn't a database issue - the files are gone.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The latest stable had horrible memory leaks. I had to use the latest release in order to fix that problem and after that I noticed I had no recordings from a long time before. This isn't a database issue - the files are gone.
I'm not sure of the issue then. I was just speculating based on some recent posts.

FWIW, it's probably best to refer to specific version numbers. The memory leak was resolved in 5.8.0.7.

heffneil

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't keep track but it might have been before that. I wasn't offered a stable option beyond what I was last running. Memory leaks persisted to the point of crashing. File are gone. Somehow it deleted them. My settings are above. PLEASE if I did something wrong please let me know.