Problems with SpyTech

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered two mini 0806 cams which came quickly and the order was correct.

I then ordered two mini usb hard wire kits which was my mistake, I should have ordered the micro usb versions. I called and got a return auth number and sent them back for exchange. weeks went by and nothing. I called and gave them my RA number and they couldn't find it. Said they would look for it and call back. another week went by and no call. Then I received a package from them and it only had one hard wire kit in it, and it was the wrong USB version again. I emailed again and got no response yet. Be cautious with returns from them.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They finally emailed me back and are sending the correct items...we'll see when the package gets here.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well they sent the right items (4 months later). I guess all it took was lodging a complaint with Amazon.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sellers on Amazon are terrified of poor ratings. I guess Amazon takes it seriously when there is a complaint against a seller.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They do..they will boot you off...
Being new to dash cams I decided to get a G1WH late last year from what I thought was SpyTec. Turned out there were several Chinese vendors literally copying SpyTec's ad word for word in Amazon and using it as there own. Even down to the "Shipped from USA" in the title. Luckily I got the real cam and not a fake as some other vendors were sending.
During the 15 days waiting for this cam I noticed it was being shipped from S. China. ???? Well the real SpyTec is here in the USA so after phone calls and emails and a bad review the vendor (DoCooler) asks me if I would take my review down and stop calling Amazon he would change his online ad. Foolishly I did and he never changed. Later I found out Amazon and SpyTec had no idea this was going on. It took a couple weeks but as of last year they "booted" those vendors or made them stop copying.
I've ordered a total of 3 of these cams. One vendor even offered to give it to me free if I would stop writing to Amazon. You are right bp2008, they are terrified of complaints and poor ratings. You might have to call Amazon a couple times to get it done but they do investigate this stuff. The fact that they were copying SpyTec and saying "Shipped from USA" is what bugged me. I didn't want other buyers to get fried by these copycats.
Sorry for the rant. I'm done now. :)

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's why I use Amazon a lot because of the extensive Q/A and review sections on many products. I would actually pay a few dollars more on Amazon
knowing that if there is a problem something will be done.

On the news I saw a new online shopping company called "Jet" trying to compete with lower prices than Amazon.
I'm wondering what their service "after the sale" will be like.