Problems with the App on iPhone X Verizon LTE service, and WIFI

Reaction score
I am using Blue Iris v5 (up to date) and have ran into a problem. When I initially set up the app I used my local WIFI to set up the app and everything on the app worked as long as I was connected via WIFI on my server. However, the Blue Iris app would not log on when I was using Verizon LTE service or a different WIFI server. I deleted the app and started over again. I turned the WiFi off on my phone and used Verizon LTE service to set up the Blue Iris app. I scanned the Blue Iris QR code on my PC and the app is up and running on Verizon LTE with no problems. I did not change any system, software, or phone settings. However, when I turn the WiFi back on the iPhone the I have the reverse problem ... Blue Iris is unable to make connection; check server address. I can not connect via WIFI on my server or a different server. As a side note, I set up a second user name and logged on using Amazon silk on a Fire TV without a problem. Is there a simple system setting or phone setting I need to make so both will work?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
is your app logging on as Biupdatehelper or Admin? are you double NATted with an ISP gateway and a router?
I just begain a trial with Verizon 5g Home internet, So my BI App is in the same position as you are this weekend. I'm double Natted.
Not many user settings on the Verizon box. Didn't see a Bridge mode. might be able to reset the "mode" of the Asus to an Access point?
I can always go back to Xfinity but trying both for now. I did try Dual WAn for awhile, but I wasn't seeing the 250Mbps Verizon Speed I thought I'd get in a balanced mode of the Dual Wan setting.
The Xfinity router was Bridged and not routing, so the Asus RT-AX55 could handle all the negotiations.
Xfinity is 86-87Mbps down- 5-6Mbps up. Verizon is like 230-250Mbps down and 19-23Mbps Up.

Last edited: