Process for replacing BI storage drive?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm preparing to remove the smaller of my two storage drives, and replace it with a larger drive. The computer only has three SATA connections (SSD for OS, plus the two storage drives).

Presuming I don't care about loosing the prior recordings on the old drive, is there any special trick to swapping the drives out, other than making sure any folders in the BI storage path for that drive are preserved? BI probably needs to update its database or something; I've never needed to mess with that.

Then I guess I just re apportion the camera steams appropriately to take advantage of the new drive architecture. Basically moving more camera recordings to be stored on the larger drive.

It's probably no big deal but I don't want to screw anything up. I'm still on BI4 if it matters.

Thanks in advance for any pro tips! I set up BI well over a year ago and it has been mostly set and forget, with emphasis on the forget part...

TIA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you don't care about any old clips, perhaps delete the contents of the database folder?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd pause the recordings (Shield Button), shut down the BI server and do the drive swap, boot and make sure Windows sees the new drive and formats properly, then set back up your "New" and "Stored" drive in BI, and then un-pause the recordings. I'd then rebuild the database after that.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Along these lines... I have a BI4 machine and BI5 machine. Im about to retire BI4 and put its drive in the BI5 machine. Can that be done while retaining the recordings? Identical cameras on both as I imported my 4 settings to the 5 one when I set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk