Profile Copy?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reviewed an old thread and it seemed to indicate that profile copy does not exist any longer. I of course have my profile 2 setup "just the way I want" and wanted to copy it everywhere, then do my tweaks on them after the copy.
I see the "sync from profile 1", but that is kind of the opposite of what I am trying to do. Any thoughts from the crowd?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're talking about the profile copy option that used to be in BI 4... I too would like to know where it went. If I got you right, you're talking about being able to go into the record tab, for example, and to the right of the profile were at least two buttons copy and paste. When you copied the profile, you could select a different profile and paste - then you could have two exact same profiles and change one of them without affecting the other.

Is that what you mean?
Yep. I know I am being kind of lazy, but I have everything working as I want it (camera settings, zone masking, triggers, alerts, etc) under my profile 2.
I would like to copy profile 2 to another profile(s) and then maybe only change my alert settings.

Profile 2 was developed to make sure I get notified of pretty much anything from anywhere. Or what some might call my AWAY profile. Since I pretty much want all of my detecting and triggers to work with he same for all profiles, with only my alerts to be different, I was thinking a profile copy would work well for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A dodge would be to clone the camera then do a find/inspect on the camera you really want assigned that set of parameters. Everything copied in one easy step.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. My profile 1 is the only one I use. I want to copy that to the rest as a baseline and then tweak from there. So I could have Profile 2 exactly the same but with different alert options, etc.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. My profile 1 is the only one I use. I want to copy that to the rest as a baseline and then tweak from there. So I could have Profile 2 exactly the same but with different alert options, etc.

So it’s not just me being crazy! My mother had me tested.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone that regularly communicates with Ken see if this feature might come back in the future? (Near future hopefully)

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was able to go through today and ensure all my cameras are set up to “sync to profile 1” under the record, trigger, and alerts tabs.

I then went into the cameras I wanted to behave differently under certain profiles and unchecked the sync checkbox and tweaked them as needed.

I now have a profile with no alerts, one with alerts for front yard only (won’t be bothered by dogs running our back) and one for alerts all around! I also created one that plays a chime on the console if cameras are triggered up front… To let me know if someone approaches the house while I am home.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
l
Right - good on ya for figuring it out.
From Page 89 in the Help File...

"You will find at the top of the Trigger, Alerts, and Record pages the option to synchronize the page. This replaces the functionality found in older versions where copy and paste buttons were tediously used."​

In the Profiles and Schedules 101 YT video, they review how to use the new implementation of that feature.
Amazingly you found that in the manual. How about that, the manual is helpful when it's read.
I'm not here nor are many others here to hold peoples hands and do your work for you. That's my position here.
By the way, all of this help is free, I'm a volunteer here, and yet you chastised me for not doing all the work for the op. How nice.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry still not getting this. The old video is no good. Feature has gone.

I have a new profile and need to sync complex settings for both night and day for 4 cameras to this new profile.
The sync with camera function does not give me the option of the same camera. I don't want to copy zone crossing, contrast, etc ect from another camera which are all unique.

The sync needs to sync from profile x from camera x. x being the same camera.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah not sure if this is the way actually - need some more time to study this- not working out as expected.

Ext cams: Day and Night profiles in use. 'Home' turns off their motion detection.
Int cams: no motion detection yet.

Created a new profile 'Away' for the Int Cams.

I need to apply this 'Away' when out so all the cameras are on with motion detected.
Ext Cams keeping their original settings and Interior cams with new settings I will configure.
If I apply ' Away' - How do the 4 Ext cams keep their Day and Night profile settings? I'm head scrachting.

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I may have found the solution:

Tick the 2 boxes here. Over

1630610952398.png

Plus grey out the Away profile on the Ext cams, so it keeps their original profile for Day/Night but away is applied to The 4 Int cams.

Just tested it and it detected me in the BackYard camera on Away profile.

Profile 3 is the Away

1630611212314.png

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@ Pentagano

You rock. I'm going to test a little later on today and see if I can do it as well.
Let me know if you need more details. Cracked it - tested walking around with the profiles and seems to do what i want.

AWAY - all interior cameras are on detecting motion but my exterior cameras are also on but keeping their original day_night settings because I greyed out the Away profile.
Also the interior camera's profiles are all greyed out except Home and Away.
Have to see if the global schedule changes the ext cameras at nighttime. If not I will set it locally or revert back to my home assistant automation to switch them on with the BI integration.

Also got the widgets on my phone from homeassistant and a keyfob that works by mqtt to a bridge to swap profiles in a sec if someone wants to go out in the garden after the night detection is on for example

1630614196994.png

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope still have some teething issues on the main ext cams

Nope got stuck again when changing to Away - not sure what I did before - Now the Ext cams turn inactive to Away . Must be a way,

Last edited: