Profile in Blue Iris

Reaction score
I am trying to create a profile to reduce the number of false alerts on my cameras. I need help creating the scenario or profile where two cameras need to have motion detected then only it sends a notification on the Android Blue Iris app, instead of the one camera setting off alert.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to create a profile to reduce the number of false alerts on my cameras. I need help creating the scenario or profile where two cameras need to have motion detected then only it sends a notification on the Android Blue Iris app, instead of the one camera setting off alert.
That cannot be done and would likely not be very effective. A good way to reduce false alerts but ensure that you never miss true motion, is to clone the camera- create a duplicate camera in blue iris. On the duplicate camera disable recording, only set alerts and set the threshold higher than the recording camera. On the recording camera, set the threshold low so you dont miss anything important. Hide the duplicate camera so it doesnt appear double on the screen. This setup works extremely well.
Another option is to use the wait until triggered x within x option..

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman,
I have been having issues with a number of false alerts as well and have read before about camera cloning in BI. Can you explain how this works and the configuration that needs to happen? I am a bit confused as to why a duplicate (non-existent) camera will help with these false alerts.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman,
I have been having issues with a number of false alerts as well and have read before about camera cloning in BI. Can you explain how this works and the configuration that needs to happen? I am a bit confused as to why a duplicate (non-existent) camera will help with these false alerts.

Thanks
Andy
Simple, you duplicate the camera so now you have two of the same feeds. Set only one feed for alerts and the other for recording...on the alert feed you set the threashold higher..this works extremely well.