Profile settings to remove camera from display (hide?)

Reaction score
We have inside cameras, some of which we would like to remove or hide from the display. We don’t necessarily want to be on camera during certain profiles - a WAF thing. Is this possible using profiles?

Thanks,

Michael

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We have inside cameras, some of which we would like to remove or hide from the display. We don’t necessarily want to be on camera during certain profiles - a WAF thing. Is this possible using profiles?

Thanks,

Michael
Yes, in the camera general tab, uncheck the appropriate box under "Active during profiles". Then go to the schedule tab (in the blue iris camera properties, not blue iris options) and uncheck "continue to display video and stream while inactive". Not need to actually override the global schedule. If you dont want a blank camera on screen while its inactive, simply right click and check hide inactive cameras without video.
Note, the camera will not record during this time.

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. We use HS3 as our automation software so can change profiles based on certain conditions.

While it would be nice to remove the blank screen, this is certainly a solution. Can BI macros make this happen?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. We use HS3 as our automation software so can change profiles based on certain conditions.

While it would be nice to remove the blank screen, this is certainly a solution. Can BI macros make this happen?
simply leave hide inactive cameras checked...

Reaction score
Thanks for the knowledge that cameras inactive won’t record. The beauty of home automation is that any number of triggers (glass breakage, doors opened when they shouldn’t, etc.) can trigger actions (change profiles, such as Continous).

BI and HS3 home automation is very powerful.

Reaction score
I just created some events to change between different profiles and what I want is happening.

When I switch to a profile that does not include cameras that I don’t want displayed, they “disappear” from the BI display. When I switch to another profile where I want the cameras displayed, they “appear”.

So cool.

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To givo you a suggestion, I've used an action to hide cameras at profile change event.... Hiding cameras is more convenient to me, as they will disappear from the UI3 too and continue to record. Go to the profile setting and set an action in the ON CHANGE form.