Profile setup?

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've set up several profiles. In the BI interface, I see this:

0.jpg

It appears profile 1 is the default profile, but if I click the clock icon above several times, I get this:

00.jpg

which indicates "Standard" is the default. "Standard" is what I named profile 1.

What's the difference between the two images above??

I also see "Temp time (min)" as an option for each profile in the setup screen.

The "help" file indicates that this temp time is:

""This value represents the number of minutes for which a temporary profile selection will remain in effect. A temporary profile selection is made by clicking one of the buttons 1-7 or ~ at the top of Blue Iris window. The timer is in effect when you see the stopwatch icon to the left of the profile numbers. Click the stopwatch icon to return to normal schedule operation immediately."

3.jpg

What if I don't want the profile to be temporary? There doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Sometimes I may want to switch profiles for an indefinite period of time - can that be done?

Also, the profiles don't seem to be working. When I click one of the profile numbers, I get no recordings. For example Profile 2 is set up to record motion, but nothing is recorded. What am I doing wrong: (BTW, I don't have any schedules set up, nor do I want to)

1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Press the profile a second time to "hold" the profile.
~ represents inactive
The are where you have profile 1/standard will reflect the name you give the profile in the profile settings
You likely dont have your motion detection setup properly.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
<<Press the profile a second time to "hold" the profile.>>
Thank you - that works.

<<The are where you have profile 1/standard will reflect the name you give the profile in the profile settings>>
I see that "Standard" refers to the name I gave profile 1 (I edited my OP to indicate that shortly after I posted it). I

<<You likely dont have your motion detection setup properly.>>
That's why I posted images of my "trigger" setup - it IS set up properly, as far as I can tell. I set up the "Trigger" tab exactly like the trigger tab on the default (profile 1) - and that works fine. The only difference is that I reduced the sensitivity and contrast a small amount. But, even if I walk in front of the camera for 10 seconds, nothing is recorded. Here are the other two dialogs that affect triggering:

4.jpg5.jpg

Based on my settings, why isn't profile 2 recording anything?

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: I re-checked "reset detector..." and saved it, and now it appears to be recording. But, in doing that, I lost my "zones and hot-spot settings". After redoing those, it stopped recording again.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lower you minimum object size.
I have made many changes, including the min object size. I eventually lost the ability to record on the default (profile 1) setting, even though I never changed any of those settings. I now have profile 1 working again, but I'll have to do without the other profiles.

My main impetus for wanting at least one other profile was because several of my cameras see shadows of moving trees each morning, creating hundreds of meaningless videos. I wanted to create a profile that would only trigger videos from certain cameras, but never could get that working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have made many changes, including the min object size. I eventually lost the ability to record on the default (profile 1) setting, even though I never changed any of those settings. I now have profile 1 working again, but I'll have to do without the other profiles.

My main impetus for wanting at least one other profile was because several of my cameras see shadows of moving trees each morning, creating hundreds of meaningless videos. I wanted to create a profile that would only trigger videos from certain cameras, but never could get that working.
You are doing something wrong. Dont know what, but something....changing one profile will not affect the other. Read the help file again.