Profiles?

Bob Velke

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got multiple cameras covering different areas of my store - but each of them has a preset which will point to the cash drawer from different angles. If I want all of the cameras to move to the cash drawer preset at one time, is that a task for Profiles? If not, how can I do that?

The help file regarding profiles seems to focus on setting profiles to different day, time, seasons, open/close hours, etc., so it isn't clear if it can be used for that purpose I haven't previously configured profiles because all of my cameras generally stay pointed to their home positions all of the time.

Thanks for any help.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends. Different ways to do depending on needs. I don't have BI5 installed now but assume that it will work the same way generally as BI4.

If you want to move to a preset at a certain time, look under Schedule, Event schedule.

If to move to a preset based on some trigger, you can set it so that a cam/group of cams move(s) to a certain preset when triggered.

Profiles will overlay that so that you could have multiple behaviors depending on what profile is active. e.g., Under a normal profile used during the day, they don't move. Under a profile used when the store is closed, they do. Or however you want it to work.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've got multiple cameras covering different areas of my store - but each of them has a preset which will point to the cash drawer from different angles. If I want all of the cameras to move to the cash drawer preset at one time, is that a task for Profiles? If not, how can I do that?

The help file regarding profiles seems to focus on setting profiles to different day, time, seasons, open/close hours, etc., so it isn't clear if it can be used for that purpose I haven't previously configured profiles because all of my cameras generally stay pointed to their home positions all of the time.

Thanks for any help.
Yes, this can be done, I suggest you read the BI help file.

Bob Velke

n3wb
Reaction score
Depends. Different ways to do depending on needs. I don't have BI5 installed now but assume that it will work the same way generally as BI4.

If you want to move to a preset at a certain time, look under Schedule, Event schedule.

If to move to a preset based on some trigger, you can set it so that a cam/group of cams move(s) to a certain preset when triggered.

Profiles will overlay that so that you could have multiple behaviors depending on what profile is active. e.g., Under a normal profile used during the day, they don't move. Under a profile used when the store is closed, they do. Or however you want it to work.
Thanks for your response. If I'm watching the camera and I see something at the cash drawer that concerns me, I want to move all of the cameras in that direction at once. That is, I want to trigger the move manually, not based on a schedule or a predefined trigger like motion sensor.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. If I'm watching the camera and I see something at the cash drawer that concerns me, I want to move all of the cameras in that direction at once. That is, I want to trigger the move manually, not based on a schedule or a predefined trigger like motion sensor.

Thanks again for your help.
There's a way to manually trigger. Right-click on a cam and you should see "Trigger now" in the list.

I've not tried to do exactly what you want but assume that it would work the same way...

On the primary cam, set up a group of cams which includes those to move when that cam triggers.

Under each of the other cams make a preset for them to move to which gives the view you want.

On the Trigger tab for each of the other cams, under "When triggered" select "Move to preset" and select the preset you created.

Should all move to the assigned preset when you execute the trigger for the primary cam.

The "Break time" on the trigger tab controls how long the moved cams stay on the preset before moving back to where they were. To get the cams back you could use that based on some time. I think a setting of 0 turns that off. If you want to control the return on demand, then might be able to make some other cam the primary and do something similar with another manual trigger as above.

You don't need profiles or schedule for that unless you want to change behavior under some conditions or times.

Last edited: