programme to view cameras

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have a nightowl system and the connect app for my laptop won`t let me load all 16 cameras ,it freezes after 6 cameras.it use to work fine but the tech guys are telling me it`s some kind of windows update problem.it works fine on my other laptop so i`m not buying it.what other programme can i use ?thanks for any help

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be a setting was defaulted back to another position during Update. in the operating system of laptop 1. Maybe the wifi device configuration. Just a thought.
Maybe Try reinstalling NightOwl X or whatever flavor you use.

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah tried reinstall no good.had the tech guy on the phone going thru the setup and he told me it was some kind of update problem and i`m stuck with it till they get it figured out, i`m not holding my breath .been having alot of problems with nightowl products lately.my cameras down here in mexico started dropping out this summer will i was back in the states so i brought down a new dvr and cameras .i couldn`t get it to go online and after multiple phone calls and higher up tech guys was told the unit was no good and send it back for a replacement.so now i have to wait to get back north to send it back.meanwhile i had to go back to my old unit which works fine now with some camera and wire swaps.long story short i`m done with nightowl,you get what you pay for i guess.just looking for another programme to view and record.

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the one that works is a dell inpiron with 16 g ram,intel i5 8th gen.the non working one hp envy x360 12 gb ram, intel i5 8th gen

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
the one that works is a dell inpiron with 16 g ram,intel i5 8th gen.the non working one hp envy x360 12 gb ram, intel i5 8th gen
If the laptop wll load all 16 cameras on Ethernet connection, then its probably a wifi issue. I'm out of good ideas. I'm the kinda guy that will look at the Wireless LAN device driver version, go to Dell or HP support, and surf for my model etc...and see what drivers are available. Then try a couple of older ones. Or surf thru all the networking menus in windows and check and un check diff settings. or look thru firewall settings...

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah no good with ethernet .do you know of any other camera view programmes i could try?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah no good with ethernet .do you know of any other camera view programmes i could try?
I have two nightowl recorders. DVR-HDA10PB-16 one only works with Nightowl HD CMS, and DVR-XHD50B-8 runs on Nightowl X CMS.
I have also surfed to it's IP address 192.168.0.5 on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge and logged in as Admin with a password. (need IE Tab from the Chrome Web Store ) and that gave me full access.
Sadly you can't use that when your Mobile.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You could try both laptops at Speedtest.net and see if one is being slower than the other. If it's bogged down with tons of stuff running in the background maybe other programs are using Bandwidth.
Nightowl is not my friend. I will enjoy Sledgehammering their products to pieces when I change to another system.

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
speed is not the problem.i just need to use a different programme

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I havent heard about any. I havent tried. It sounds like it's not the Nightowls software fault. It sounds like an HP laptop fault.