proper settings to continuously record?

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
been having issues recently with cameras not recording continuously. I have a few in my setup I want to record all the time + flag triggered events. I thought I had everything set up properly, but now not so sure.
A few questions:

* IS the proper way to do this (record continuously + flag motion events) to set up two cameras, using the same feed, and have one of them set up for continuous, the other for motion events?
* Settings for continuous recording -- (1) should anything in "trigger" be checked? in "record" , tab, the camera is set up on the "active" profile, and set to "continuous"record. Anything else I need to set?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
been having issues recently with cameras not recording continuously. I have a few in my setup I want to record all the time + flag triggered events. I thought I had everything set up properly, but now not so sure.
A few questions:

* IS the proper way to do this (record continuously + flag motion events) to set up two cameras, using the same feed, and have one of them set up for continuous, the other for motion events?
* Settings for continuous recording -- (1) should anything in "trigger" be checked? in "record" , tab, the camera is set up on the "active" profile, and set to "continuous"record. Anything else I need to set?

Thanks!
no, all you need to do is setup continuous recording and also setup motion triggers for that camera..

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok.. so If I set up trigger on motion, and record continuously, should record continuously and flag motion events?
that's the way I have it, and I'm only getting motion events recorded, no continuous recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok.. so If I set up trigger on motion, and record continuously, should record continuously and flag motion events?
that's the way I have it, and I'm only getting motion events recorded, no continuous recording.
Yes, post your settings...remember settings are profile specific.