Proving power for Dahua SD42C212I-HC

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I recently purchased SD49225T-HN from Empirecandy and realized the camera was too large to put where I wanted. I purchased a POE+ injector and have already ran the ethernet cat5e cable to the spot in outing the replacement camera (SD42C212I-HC)

My question is since the new camera (SD42C212I-HC) does not support poe is there some type of splitter I can use to power the cameras needed AC24V/1.5A(±10%) 10W power needs from the POE cable?

I really don't want to have to run a wire to an outlet if I don't need to.

Also on a side note I have a SD49225T-HN camera for sale if anyone interested.

HalfMoon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My question is since the new camera (SD42C212I-HC) does not support poe is there some type of splitter I can use to power the cameras needed AC24V/1.5A(±10%) 10W power needs from the POE cable?
Search for "POE Splitter" on Amazon/elsewhere.

I got one of these and they seem to work for testing some IR lights before I decided to just buy a more powerful power supply and just wire them up w/o POE power:

Amazon.com: WT-GAF-12v12w 802.3af Gigabit Poe Splitter with 12 Volts output. Power Over Ethernet for Non-poe Devices like IP Cameras to 328 Ft for PoE Switches: Computers & Accessories

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

HalfMoon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, I completely missed your 24v requirement. The one I linked would not work, but there are some that are 24v compatible that you can find by searching. Sorry, I don't know any for sure, but I would recommend buying from Amazon sellers with good return policies, just in case you have issues.

I was going to go this route for IR lighting but since I'm running the Ethernet cables everywhere, rather than tie up a POE+ port on my switch I decided to run dedicated power out to the IR lights.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nvm... SD42C212I-HC is not a IP camera... won't work anyways.