PTZ autotrack camera for home use?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just curious how many of the people here have a PTZ auto track camera that they use for their home.

Have you found it to be practical or just more of a novelty?
Most of all, do your neighbors give you dirty looks? :wtf:

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious how many of the people here have a PTZ auto track camera that they use for their home.

Auto tracking is very hit and miss in it's accuracy. Don't depend on it for security.
Now, there are some new autotracking ptz's that have AI builtin, that might improve on the auto tracking. But I don't think anyone has had a hands on yet. More fixed cams are better than a PTZ.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Auto tracking is very hit and miss in it's accuracy. Don't depend on it for security.
Now, there are some new autotracking ptz's that have AI builtin, that might improve on the auto tracking. But I don't think anyone has had a hands on yet. More fixed cams are better than a PTZ.
Thanks Looney2ns. I currently have autotrack enabled at my shop and it seems to work well so I purchased another for my home. I do not plan on removing any of my current static cameras though.

I did notice those PTZ Auto track cameras with built-in AI that dahua has. I'm very interested in seeing how well these filter out the unwanted activity.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

Most of my videos are of my dahua sd59225u-hni auto tracking , take a look

CameraGuy

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most of my videos are of my dahua sd59225u-hni auto tracking , take a look

CameraGuy
The Merkules one is pretty accurate in not only the tracking but the centering of the subject! What do your auto track settings look like?

Also, have we figured out what causes the pulsing of the live video??

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are there motorized lens cameras that can zoom in to a moving object? (when it's in the center or close)
Should be doable in firmware and could be an alternative to more expensive PTZs