PTZ cam with as good optics or better as IPC-T5442T-EZ.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, good morning!

@wittaj I hadn't noticed your quote, I found it by chance since I accessed forum and saw the symbol on the bell.

I understand the size difference. I have a PTZ and have installed several others for other people. I have a friend that I put some cameras up for that is a quadriplegic.
I am also a quadriplegic guy! And I'm also going to mount the camera on the top of the house to have a full angle of the nature and the sky (although this camera is not made to observe the sky, you can observe many things of the closest objects). At the moment I have all the components to be able to mount it, but I still need to reduce the size of the anchors, as the blacksmith has made them so tight that I have painted them and they no longer fit inside the tube. Ask me anything I can help you with for your friend.

Attachments

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, good morning!

@wittaj I hadn't noticed your quote, I found it by chance since I accessed forum and saw the symbol on the bell.

I am also a quadriplegic guy! And I'm also going to mount the camera on the top of the house to have a full angle of the nature and the sky (although this camera is not made to observe the sky, you can observe many things of the closest objects). At the moment I have all the components to be able to mount it, but I still need to reduce the size of the anchors, as the blacksmith has made them so tight that I have painted them and they no longer fit inside the tube. Ask me anything I can help you with for your friend.
Our setup has to be PoE. The run of cable is going to be around 125' or so. There are not a lot of options for more electricity and such, and it is already wired for PoE. I talked to Andy about that camera, and he says it is not PoE. I don't think there are any other options of a camera like that and with that kind of zoom power that would work. Since we already start over 100' up in the air a large zoom would be needed like that cam. I'll keep checking, but if we can't find something to work, it won't be the end of the world for him.
I am going to concentrate on just a good PTZ now for his other spots he wants PTZ cams. I'm going to look for one with as good of optics as the 5442T varifocal.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I understand that this PTZ1A225-HNR-XA model you may have already seen, and it will not be to your taste because of the technical features. But the best PTZ without being a position camera is the SD8C845FG-HNF model, which is not really the biggest monster, but still quite big. Its technical features are really special in their combination of everything, and switching from a 48x zoom like mine to the 45x zoom like this one is very little difference.

I was also looking at Hikvision before I bought any Dahua cameras, but there really wasn't a model that suited me specifically for what I wanted.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I understand that this PTZ1A225-HNR-XA model you may have already seen, and it will not be to your taste because of the technical features. But the best PTZ without being a position camera is the SD8C845FG-HNF model, which is not really the biggest monster, but still quite big. Its technical features are really special in their combination of everything, and switching from a 48x zoom like mine to the 45x zoom like this one is very little difference.

I was also looking at Hikvision before I bought any Dahua cameras, but there really wasn't a model that suited me specifically for what I wanted.
Yes, it must be good. Or it better be good for that price. ;)

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For what case you need 2.8mm ?

I thought only novice buy 2.8mm??
I don't have a free standing house with a lot of ground to cover. The PTZ is placed near the front door and covers my "front yard", anything larger then 2.8 just doesn't work on that spot.

PTZ 2023-07-19 06.37.05.139.jpg