PTZ camera for use at night (and day) with a good sensor and optics?

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With all the COVID lockdowns in general and specifically in China, I am wondering what to expect in the near term. I don't see much activity on the Empire thread about new 2022 releases so, I'm assuming the cameras I was hoping to be released 1st and 2nd QTR seem like an unlikely option for this Summer. Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic.

I am looking for at least one and most likely two PTZ cameras. One location will have some nighttime illumination and the other will have none other than moonlight. I want enough resolution to capture faces and vehicle details from at least 100yards/meters. The FOV is 500yards/meters distant so, I need the resolution and magnification to provide useful video frames at that distance. What are my better options? Am I in the $500USD range or do I need to plan on $1500? Do I need to also plan on additional IR resolution or, spend a bit more for a better sensor?

I should note that I will most likely use a wireless ethernet solution that should provide plenty of bandwidth for 4K video data rates at <30FPS. The cameras will likely be mounted on a pole at ~16'/5m height. I am in SouthEast Texas in terms of weather and general geography. I would like to store the video and use the software available on a Synology DS1821+.

TIA,
Sid