PTZ camera needed for monitoring robotic work cell.

ICrobots

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for a camera for monitoring a robotic work cell when no one is around. I used to do this at another place using Axis cameras that looked like some sort of futuristic gun turret. They had PTZ which was critical as the systems were quite large, with the zoom being optical zoom which was critical as there is often a need to get your remote virtual eyeball up close to some aspect of a robot or device the robot interacts with. It appears these cameras are no longer made. I think the model was 214 or something like that.

I really want to avoid a dome camera, but I'm having trouble finding the style I want. Seems everything is either dome or does PTZ "digitally" which I'm rather sceptical about for the purposes I've outlined. I really don't want something that looks like a big mall security camera, this is for a climate controlled light industrial/scientific laboratory, security isn't a concern.

For zoom/quality, Imagine a driver's license sitting on a table 10-15 or so feet away, I would want to be able to read the text off it. Conversely, when zoomed out, ideally I'd like the field of view to be pretty wide (like seeing 10ft horizontal from about 10ft away) but this is less critical.

IR ability or performance isn't a make or break feature.
Would like to have the ability to mount it on a surface, ceiling, or wall as the work cell is regularly reconfigured so it would be nice to have that flexibility.

Can anyone give a few suggestions?

ICrobots

n3wb
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I should have mentioned budget as well. I'd like to stay under $1000. I know, I know, I shake my head all the time at the penny pinchers who are ok with me spending 100's of thousands on robotics but give me grief for the little ancillary things. But this year in particular is the worst, I need the best under $1K and if there's something good under $700 that would be good too and I'll just compromise on the capabilities if need be for now. I know it sounds ridiculous & I'm right there with you guys on that but this isn't the first thing I've had to argue for this year and I just have to accept the fact that they're being unreasonable for the time being.

C0m4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Best bang for the buck on market, imho. Product and image quality far superior to top HIKvision and Dahua models at similar or lower prices, however totally lack any analytics except for motion detection.

They are a small company, relatively unknown, probably best contact the for your regional dealer.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk