PTZ Camera revert back to set Position?

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera group setup in BI and I have made the PTZ assigned to that group to move to a preset position to cover part of an area that is covered by a bullet camera when the bullet is triggered. My question is how do I setup the PTZ to revert back to its original preset position after the bullet trigger is completed? Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If that's a Dahua PTZ camera it will have a Camera UI > Setting > PTZ > Function > Idle Motion setting which will cause the camera to return to a specified preset position after xx (1-60) minutes.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is also a "Power Up" setting which -- should the camera reboot through loss of power or user action -- will cause the camera to go to a specified preset position when the reboot is complete.

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If that's a Dahua PTZ camera it will have a Camera UI > Setting > PTZ > Function > Idle Motion setting which will cause the camera to return to a specified preset position after xx (1-60) minutes.
would be great if it could go lower than one minute. I would like to see 20 seconds

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
would be great if it could go lower than one minute. I would like to see 20 seconds
My Dauha PTZ's have a "Time Task" setting (under the PTZ --> Function menu) that I can choose it to go back to any of my specified presets with a time range of 5-3600 seconds available. I'm trying to understand what the difference is between that and the Idle Motion setting and why I'd use one over the other.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well. Should be able to set less than a minute

My Dauha PTZ's have a "Time Task" setting (under the PTZ --> Function menu) that I can choose it to go back to any of my specified presets with a time range of 5-3600 seconds available. I'm trying to understand what the difference is between that and the Idle Motion setting and why I'd use one over the other.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a new SD59225U and this only works if I manually ptz. After 1 minute, the time I have set, it goes back to the specified preset. It does not work if I manually trigger a different preset. It will sit there forever.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a new SD59225U and this only works if I manually ptz. After 1 minute, the time I have set, it goes back to the specified preset. It does not work if I manually trigger a different preset. It will sit there forever.
It does work when you set it under time task, and you can set to be less than a minute

I’m assuming you’re clicking on each preset not just manually, tilting, and zooming