PTZ Camera SD52C225U-HNI Plugin

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anybody possibly help me out with this Plug-in problem, I really would appreciate it!

I have a NVR5216-16P-4KS2E with various cameras and last week I obtained from Andy [THANKS ANDY] a SD52C225U-HNI after reading all the reviews on the forum.

I’m not so interested in the tours etc, but am really impressed by the auto-tracking and in order to set this up the best way, I need to be able to access and view the camera through the internet explorer settings link through the NVR itself, and that’s when hit the problem, which is that the plugins never work for me! When accessing them through the NVR - seemingly the NVR nobbles the file in some way, making them corrupt. With my anti-virus off and SmartScreen off - tried through 3 computers it always gives you a data integrity failed warning. I've followed the fixes for this and it still doesn't work so pretty much given up doing it this way.

Over the last couple of days I’ve reset the camera and tried to pick it up on the network independently to obtain the plug-in but although my NVR accepts it back immediately I can never get it to show as a stand alone.

So my question is, and sorry it's been so long-winded coming…

Where else can I get this plug-in from ?

Is the plug-in I need unique to the SD52C225U-HNI ?

Can't seem to find it from Dahua anywhere and before I go I should just add that I’ve tried using pale moon and the earlier versions of Firefox to avoid the plugin problem, but again, none of these ever seem to work for me. I have Smart PSS, but it’s difficult to fathom out and although there is a good Auto-tracking tutorial on Dahua wiki, it is for version one of PSS and there doesn't seem to be a detailed tutorial for version 2.

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry think I also posted this in Dahua forum but cannot find it?

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. In reverse order I tried the methods in 'how to view cameras without browser plugins' without any success, and I just tried to use the chrome plug in easy viewer. With this I've successfully opened up the nvr but then you have to go through to the settings to open up individual cameras and that's when I meet a brick wall again, because when you click on the internet explorer icon you then get a modify/connect option which doesn't do anything.
'Hidden cameras web pages with a laptop' is more interesting however my laptop does not have an ethernet point so I'm borrowing another laptop tomorrow which does and I will report back on this.
As far as smart PSS goes I'm not sure whether or not you can access all your camera controls through it?
Does anyone know is smart track in PSS the same as autotracking?
Thanks everyone so far.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With this I've successfully opened up the nvr but then you have to go through to the settings to open up individual cameras and that's when I meet a brick wall again, because when you click on the internet explorer icon you then get a modify/connect option which doesn't do anything.
Try to copy the url to directly access a camera eg. http://nvripaddress:portnumber and load that directly in the NACL Chrome App.

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes tried that, but wont open, click the refresh - button presses but no motion - I feel guity somehow, you'd think it would work!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I feel guity somehow, you'd think it would work!
Don't feel bad, the plugins and state of plugin support is a mess. I'm amazed they still haven't released a software update that allows plugin-free viewing and configuration of at least their NVRs. Then again, Windows XP is still widely used in China.

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I borrowed a laptop that has an ethernet socket and followed the instructions in “https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/hitting-cameras-web-pages-with-a-laptop-in-an-nvr-with-poe” but have had no joy at all in getting it to work. I follow the instructions carefully until I get to the line " you should hit the cameras web page" instead I still get a black screen with download and install the plug-in, which as I said before – doesn’t work, seemingly the NVR nobbles the file in some way, making them corrupt, giving a data integrity failed warning – see screenshot.

I've just emailed Andy ask him if he can get a copy of the plug-in for this camera.

Does anyone know an email address for Dahua support in English or knows where I can download this plug-in.

In actual fact people might not read this far down so I think I'll put this as a new topic but if anybody wants to answer here, I'll be really grateful.

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I borrowed a laptop that has an ethernet socket and followed the instructions in “https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/hitting-cameras-web-pages-with-a-laptop-in-an-nvr-with-poe” but have had no joy at all in getting it to work. I follow the instructions carefully until I get to the line " you should hit the cameras web page" instead I still get a black screen with download and install the plug-in, which as I said before – doesn’t work, seemingly the NVR nobbles the file in some way, making them corrupt, giving a data integrity failed warning – see screenshot.

I've just emailed Andy ask him if he can get a copy of the plug-in for this camera.

Does anyone know an email address for Dahua support in English or knows where I can download this plug-in.

In actual fact people might not read this far down so I think I'll put this as a new topic but if anybody wants to answer here, I'll be really grateful.
Do you have a PoE+ switch or injector?

If you do, connect the camera and a computer directly to that without the NVR. Reset the camera if needed.

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for this, need to get an injector over the weekend as my 2 poe switches will not power the camera [not +] so only got the NVR which is POE+

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you post the firmware versions on the camera and NVR?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the webplugin from the latest firmware for that camera plugin version 3.3.27645.0

Attachments

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, yes my NVR is branded Dahua
Device Type:DHI-NVR5216-16P-4KS2E
Web Version:3.2.3.95223 Onvif Server Version:
Onvif Version: 2.4.1 System Version:3.215.0000001.0, Build Date: 2018-03-26

and the camera is unbranded
System Version 2.623.0000000.1.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2018-06-27
WEB Version 3.2.1.596670
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.3.574996)
PTZ Version 2.300.0000000.10.RHNP_170926_24381

thanks for the download, runs beautifully but alas does not let me see the camera.

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OMG!!!
That's only gone and done it!
Tangent you are the absolutely don. thank you so much.
That's made my day and it hasn't even started yet.
Onto my next mission which is autotracking and getting the camera to zoom in much further then it does by default, something that has been mentioned a few times on IP cam talk but never had an answer as far as I know.

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OMG!!!
That's only gone and done it!
Tangent you are the absolutely don. thank you so much.
That's made my day and it hasn't even started yet.
Onto my next mission which is autotracking and getting the camera to zoom in much further then it does by default, something that has been mentioned a few times on IP cam talk but never had an answer as far as I know.
Hi Steve are you enjoying the camera? Getting one myself it's on the way.
Are you using the camera outdoors or indoor?

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Steve are you enjoying the camera? Getting one myself it's on the way.
Are you using the camera outdoors or indoor?
Yes, infact I have 3 of them and have never regretted buying them. Makes fixed cameras boring because it’s great to watch a subject come into view and see how the camera autotracks them and what they get up to lol.
All I would say is, depending on your situation it’s very possible to miss what you would have ideally liked to have captured because seconds before something happens the camera pans the other way and follows the neighbours cat missing the crucial action. So I would have a 4 or 6 MP fixed turret camera covering the scene as well.