PTZ Control in realtime

zeralight

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using the Hikvision Device Network SDK (for Windows 64-bit) to control a camera PTZ position. The control must be realtime: the camera moves accordingly the mouse movement on the screen.
I have found these APIs:
  1. NET_DVR_PTZControl( [ Start | Stop ], [ UP_LEFT | UP_RIGHT | ... (8 directions ): this is not very suitable as I want to have custom directions, for example to move in a direction for 60° Pan and 30° Tilt.
  2. NET_DVR_SetDVRConfig( NET_DVR_SET_PTZPOS, destination_pos): The problem I have experimented with this one is that It creates a new TCP socket for each request which creates latency problems.
It would be great if someone knows the best solution to this porblem

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used keyboard for ages with Hikvision PTZs...which is clunky, slow and imprecise at best. I also hated the mouse control in Blue Iris. I have now ended up using a Hikvision DS-1200KI keyboard/joystick, which is an enormous night and day improvement.

This is a cool solution as it works over LAN so doesn’t need extra cable connection like RS485 joysticks etc do.

If you go this route, be aware that not all Hikvision keyboards work over LAN...even ones that have USB ports. I think the 1200 is the cheapest one that will do it.

alvise123

n3wb
Reaction score
zeralight: Did you find a solution to this problem, I'm dealing with the same problem.

Isn't there a way to control it with joystick X Y information ?