PTZ controls suddenly stopped working

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't locate a 'USERS' tab or similar.

I can find this
Screenshot 2024-01-29 112514.jpg

or this - which is the only place I can see that mentions ONVIF

Attachments

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Look under System > Account > ONVIF User tab

ETA: Never mind.. I see now you don't have that tab there. Looked at one of my older cams, it doesn't have the tab either. I guess maybe before there was a separate ONVIF user.

Last edited:

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look under System > Account > ONVIF User tab

ETA: Never mind.. I see now you don't have that tab there. Looked at one of my older cams, it doesn't have the tab either. I guess maybe before there was a separate ONVIF user.
Yep not there anymore

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try just turning off ONVIF authentication in your second screen above.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
From the Find/Inspect screen that you posted, looks like BI shows HTTP errors 12030 and 12029 when trying to access the cam. I see some others with the same on a quick search but I don't see any clear resolution.

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the Find/Inspect screen that you posted, looks like BI shows HTTP errors 12030 and 12029 when trying to access the cam. I see some others with the same on a quick search but I don't see any clear resolution.
Yeah I've been searching for a solution in multiple places.......hopefully someone figures it out eventually. Thanks to you and the others in this thread for trying.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - yeah we know LOL but the PTZs are more sensitive to browser than other cams.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FWIW - I'm using Vivaldi browser and it works just fine with BI and UI3. And, knock on wood, I haven't had any further problems since starting this thread.

Oh, and Brave also works fine.

Reaction score
That is strange. Let's blame time change LOL
Ive been lurking here for about 3 years. Ive never had to make a post until now because I'm capable of searching past posts to find what I've needed. Every time there has been a problem I was able to search here and solve the issues. For that I am grateful to all of you for sharing your knowledge.

With that said I woke up this morning and for some reason the ptz controls for BI wouldn't work on my fairly new ptz425db-at. They worked fine yesterday. Thats when I started searching here for the solution and found this topic. I changed the setting to (dahua v4) as suggested on page 1 and now it works fine. Like user wittaj mentioned early on - I'm going to blame the time change since the time changed last night. Thanks again to everyone and thanks for hosting this site.