PTZ dome (parts request) for SD-40 series

gpilot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

I have an unusual request. I have a SD-40212TNI camera. I need a deeper dome than "stock". The camera module assembly is a nice fit in the stock dome. I need to move the entire PTZ assembly (its held by three screws) about 1/4 inch deeper into the dome, using some spacers, so I can tilt higher (maybe 5 degrees). Currently I can tilt to the highest limit (-2 deg) but part of the image is cut off by the dome mount ring.

I have attached photos and the spec for the stock camera, and a photo from an ebay seller who is selling a 40212 which clearly has a deeper dome, you can see there is much more clearance to the camera module. I really dont want to buy his camera (its a HDCVI) but I am willing to spend some money to buy a similar dome.

Any leads to parts suppliers, or if someone has a dead camera with a similar dome, cash paid!!

Thanks!

Attachments

gpilot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I had not considered a total diy approach. That dome is too large in diameter, though. Still would like to find a dahua dome ready to mount but your idea is worth a look if I can take mine apart snd get an accurate flange dimension.

Last edited: