PTZ General support in Blue Iris with no brand China cam

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
First of all, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on PTZ subject. I am an IT Tech, and recently I start getting involved in surveillance. My first project- my property.
I have purchased a series of cameras from China, bullets, domes and PTZ. My questions are related to the PTZ cameras. They are all the same, no brand camera, found under google by searching "mini 10x zoom PTZ IP 1080p auto tracking". I can post pics and manual if need it.
Price was good, build quality not bad, image pretty good. Optical zoom, auto Iris and focus great. Auto tracking- o well, I can get it started, I looks like it works but is .... Kind a funky. I won't trust it much. I am pleased overall with what I have.
From what I was able to find about it, cameras are using modules and firmware a from tpsee/ topsee and so the cms software.
Cms software is very basic, but it works. Is called UC2. Is a paint to setup functions, patrols and so. Like is not enough that I'm a newbie. For example, to enable auto tracking on, I have to call 94, then call 50. And this is a simple function. To setup patrol, takes a while. So, no drop down menu, select and apply.
Using UC2 software or web browser, I was able to control and setup presets and patrols. There are more functions that I don't know how to setup or the meaning, as in scan, orbit, pattern and so. Also, I understood that by default preset 1 is home, where you can park. I'm not sure what is home preset, but in my case is not preset one.
I search and read many forums and articles over the web about what this is, how it works, but I'm still confused big time. So, I decided to give a try to a better and easier for me cms software which has some more features and implements with this ip PTZ cam. So far, I've tried Genius Vision, SightHound, Milestone, ISpy and Blue Iris. All the above but Blue Iris had issues with PTZ, not being able to control it. Fiddler didn't work to great either in pulling the info. On the web, cam uses active x.
I do like Blue Iris. It found the camera, works good, PTZ control works ( basic pan tilt zoom only). PTZ selection is under OXML. Anyway, I can't control presets, create presets, so it means I can't use any other functions from BI like patrol or so. My questions:
- anyone who can explain PTZ functions and how they work, something like PTZ for dummies. Also, can I clarify home position? What is it and how can be setup / changed.
-anyone who can help me getting the system work in Blue Iris.
I am open to other softwares too. I really wanted to try ispy, due their video analytics and tracking options. But can't get PTZ working. I liked sighthound rule editor. No PTZ either. On Genius Vision I got the PTZ, but rule editor was a little limited. Assuming that Blue Iris would later enable auto tracking, face detection and some video analytics, for the fact that it works kind of for me at this time, and for the trigger options, I assume is the best fit.
Any help is appreciated! Please give me a hand here.
Sincerely,
Teodor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..
See post 6 here http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3073-Wrong-Presets-Configurations
You must first set the presets in the camera itself.. Then blue iris can trigger the preset..
FYI ispy has a perpetual monthly fee for alerts and remote view..
As a general rule, it's best to stay away from unknown brands... The tend not to be of value in the long term.... There obviously are exceptions....

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Makes sens. I will try to use instead "1" a combination of "preset 1", "p1" or so tonight. I will post results. Too bad there is no convention name standard for this, as in programming.
Any suggestion on Home preset? Is home preset #1 or is something that I'm missing?
Thank you for ispy clarification. Willing to pay the program fee, but no monthly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes sens. I will try to use instead "1" a combination of "preset 1", "p1" or so tonight. I will post results. Too bad there is no convention name standard for this, as in programming.
Any suggestion on Home preset? Is home preset #1 or is something that I'm missing?
Thank you for ispy clarification. Willing to pay the program fee, but no monthly.
you can just center your camera and set that as preset 1.

Igroup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought so. Will give all these a test tonight, hopefully I'll get them to work. Thank you!