PTZ has stopped returning to home position.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a fixed camera that triggers the ptz to the left with on-alert object detection moving from zone A to B. It has been working fine for over 12 months, but now for some reason when it moves to the left, waits 20 seconds, and on reset should go to my home position (pre-set 1), but does not.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it does, I have deleted the cams and reset them up. It seems to be working ok over the last 24hrs. Starting to think it have something to do with resent updates over the last few weeks as other thing are happening like my layout on my screen changes (not the main server screen) when I log in from my pc with "".

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it does, I have deleted the cams and reset them up. It seems to be working ok over the last 24hrs. Starting to think it have something to do with resent updates over the last few weeks as other thing are happening like my layout on my screen changes (not the main server screen) when I log in from my pc with "".
Good to hear.
If not already done, I'd suggest you set BI to not auto update and also turn off Windows Update.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, will do that now, but when should I update BI manually ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only when they add a feature you want or need.

Most of us here are on older versions that are stable on our system, so we will only update when a feature is added we want.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - remember to properly isolate / protect the BI machine from internet attacks .. a lot of the usual MS Windows updates are security related, and less of an issue if the machine is protected