PTZ installation question

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to install two Hikvision PTZ ds-2de4a425iw-de cameras on an external wall of my home that is on a public street, wall mount bracket worries me a little as regards possible crashes, in a video on youtube i saw one of these cameras installed straight on the wall, is it a good option? Any cons? Here is a screnshot of the video, any suggestion will be much appreciated.....vlcsnap-2020-01-08-11h51m57s286.jpg

CV350

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All camera installations need a solid mount and if there is access behind the wall generally the best solution is the cable placed entirely in the wall cavity. Wall mount brackets are also OK if they again have a solid mount. In the pic attached you show the cables as exposed. That’s not a good long term solution and if the cable can’t be run behind the wall professional installations would include a junction box and conduit.

It would be helpful to understand why you went with a PTZ and whether the same view will be supported by fixed cameras at a lower position. The position of that camera in your pic appears very high for face recognition unless someone is constantly monitoring the PTZ feed or it has tracking and is situated well back from the street.

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer, the pic i attached is an example i caught from youtube, in my case cams will be installed not higher than 11/12 ft, btw if i decide for install them horizontally i will put cables in a sealed junction box, my main concern is about functionality installing horizontally or a bracket is a better choice.....

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your answer, the pic i attached is an example i caught from youtube, in my case cams will be installed not higher than 11/12 ft, btw if i decide for install them horizontally i will put cables in a sealed junction box, my main concern is about functionality installing horizontally or a bracket is a better choice.....
11-12ft is too high.
You want to know who did it, not just what happened.
Cams mounted above 8ft will see lots of tops of heads.
Study this Cliff Notes

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That PTZ camera would not work properly installed in a vertical position like the snapshot. Your views would not remain horizontal and vertical like it would with a horizontally mounted camera. There is also a corner bracket available to mount the wall bracket on so you can view along both walls.

giangievo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for suggestions...... At this point i'm going to purchase the wall brackets, as regard the installation height i will check, but everything lower that at least 11 ft i'm afraid would take a big risk with little trucks passing in the way, tomorrow i will check..... Corner brackets are a good idea, imho.....

ZAIN01

n3wb
Reaction score
dam im new to the game but if my installer done a job like that id ask them if they would like a bucket of oats for their horse (cowboys)