PTZ IP CAMERA - SD6CE245U-HNI vs SD6AL245U-HNI-IR

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
HI I am going to buy a PTZ IP Camera and I am trying to see wether I should Get a SD6CE245U-HNI from Andy. Or Some other PTZ

I have read somewhere in the forum in the past SD6CE245U-HNI was having some sort of focus issue first question is. If that issue has been resolved or is it still there ?

Also The other camera I saw on Ali Express SD6AL245U-HNI-IR this one is stated for $1000 vs $700 on the other from Andy now what does this $300 buy me anything or Am I better with the Sd6CE ..

My understanding is it gets me additional 50m ir distance to 300 vs 250 .. Which is not something I am every going to use I think because of my street .. Setting

I just want a clear sharp picture both day and night and My Street is dark at night not to a point where you won't see anything but it gets dark.. a bit . Also another advantage I think I know the SD6AL one has that it does seem to have a wiper however it does not rain here much in California. Also it seems like that camera requires HI-POE So I guess POE + won't cut it.. Right.. so means more wiring to run ?

So I wanted to see if someone has a better camera within this price range that I should also consider before I pull the trigger Also since CES 2019 is around the corner does anyone know How often Dahua Pushes out new Cameras ? Is it worth waiting like a month or two and maybe a possibility of some new tech.

Thank You!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Also Attaching some pictures of general street view So You guys can see at times I might be using this PTZ camera maybe to use auto track feature to follow cars going back and forth on street or people I know the Auto track might not work most of the times worth a try at-least with these cameras..
Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 11.12.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-02 at 11.12.20 AM.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Just to update here I went ahead and pulled the trigger I went with SD6CE245U-HNI with Andy since he gave me a good Deal Thank You Andy.

I wanted to ask or at-least put the word out here anyone here from Bay Area CA can help me fish wire thru two story house for these cameras or do they know any good installer who can ?