PTZ mount for under pitched roof....under gable mount

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, searched and havent really found what Im looking for...wondering if anyone has mounted a dome or small ptz under the pitched gable like the picture attached? I was wanting a mounting bracket-block..that would fit into the peak of the gable that I could attach the small ptz to it so its discrete and more "wife friendly" if you know what I mean...lol ... thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions..
1654441804930.png

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What about buying a galvanized metal strip at Home Depot (wide enough to accommodate the ptz base), then bending both sides to accommodate underneath the roof (sorry about my drawing)

Attachments

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see what your saying...I was wondering if the made like a triangular wedge to mount there ...it would butt up to that angle flush...

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a mount board made a few years ago for a big PTZ when first installed. It's still there today but looks better and uses POE. The yellow thing was a foam covered mic.
PTZ mount.jpg

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
They make a PTZ mount that will hang vertically instead of using the arm mounts. I've seen them posted on the site before. I'll try to find the posts with them listed.

EDIT - something like the Dahua PFA111 along with a ceiling mount. Obviously this is going to be very PTZ model dependent, but hopefully that gives you an idea of how it might work.

Last edited: