PTZ mount recommendation

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the SD49225T-HN - 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera to use as a back yard overview camera.

Can someone recommend a mount for this particular location?
This location will give me most all of 180 deg of the back yard and a view most of the way up the side of the house too.

I do not know the angle of the corner I indicate in the photo but being the 2nd corner on the bay it is not a 90 deg so I don't know if the typical corner mount (PFA151)would work for it here.
I def want something sturdy if getting this camera as it looks big and heavy.

corner mount.jpg

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have this mount who could let me know if it would work for my location?

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone have this mount who could let me know if it would work for my location?
I used the PFA151 for install and am pretty confident that unless you have a 90 degree corner the angled faces aren't going to finish flush. In a pinch I guess you could bend it but not without some mechanical assistance as it's thick steel which needs some encouragement.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the SD49225T-HN - 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera to use as a back yard overview camera.

Can someone recommend a mount for this particular location?
This location will give me most all of 180 deg of the back yard and a view most of the way up the side of the house too.

I do not know the angle of the corner I indicate in the photo but being the 2nd corner on the bay it is not a 90 deg so I don't know if the typical corner mount (PFA151)would work for it here.
I def want something sturdy if getting this camera as it looks big and heavy.

View attachment 16495
Your local machine shop can fabricate one at the correct angle.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wouldn't take much to bend the 151 mount to the angle of your needs... heat is your friend. Looks like an awesome house btw.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, guess I'll order test one and try heat.
Never used a "local machine shop"
Have to figure it who that would be around me and a price.

Thanks

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, guess I'll order test one and try heat.
Never used a "local machine shop"
Have to figure it who that would be around me and a price.

Thanks
A propane torch and something to persuade it should take care of it... but if you aren't comfortable with it, a machine shop or fabrication shop could straighten it for you like said above.

If you call around u will be surprised how many can do it... even the fab side of an air conditioning company could do it.... Just gotta find the right person that will take 20 bucks for their time instead of someone acting like it is a big deal to do.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
?
Yes
Take a look at the pic. The corner is not a 90 deg though where I want to mount it.
Not exactly sure of the angle.

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
?
Yes
Take a look at the pic. The corner is not a 90 deg though where I want to mount it.
Not exactly sure of the angle.
The member is @Tinman which I assume means he knows sheetmetal. He can probably make and bend whatever angle you want. Doesn't hurt to contact him with whatever you're looking for, unless you found something already:)