PTZ not working after BI update

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated BI to the latest version (4.8.6.3 x64) now my PTZ SD59230U-HNI controls no longer function. All the presets that I previously set work but controlling it manually with the arrows and zoom don't. I also have a SD49225T-HN and everything work fine with that model. Can anyone help?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't help but I have an off-brand cam where the same happened after an update some time ago and I've seen some others reporting the same - with no changes otherwise no manual PTZ functions but presets still work fine and other PTZ cams still working. Can control PTZ fine in the cam's own interface. So doesn't seem to be just you. When I'd posted before someone said theirs was fixed by deleting all of the presets and cam in BI and setting it up again. I've been reluctant to do that since the presets are the only way that I have to control it now. Figured at this point I'd wait for the new version and see and go from there.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I took the chance and deleted the cam and now the arrows and the zoom work. All my presets still work too because it saves the preset memory in the cam and not BI so all I have to do I rename them.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Great, glad to hear that you got it.

Tried to play with mine some more tonight but no joy. Haven't tried completely deleting it but have tried making a new BI cam and starting from scratch. Still doesn't work. Odd thing is that I have another of the same and it works fine. Tried making a copy of it and changing the IP but same result. *shrug* Not a cam that I use much so no big deal but just bugs me.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before deleting the old cam I tried to duplicate the cam and that didn’t work so I added the cam manually and put in the all the settings as a new cam and that didn’t work either. The only thing that did was to fully delete that cam and add it again. It was definitely nerve racking cause I didn’t know what was going to happen but it worked out. Also if you have another computer download BI it will give you demo mode, add the camera and see if you get PTZ controls back. If you do then I would assume you should be good to fully delete the cam and add it back.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, that's helpful. Kind of strange though. Can't think what BI might be maintaining in some way that would affect anything about a cam to differ by adding it new vs deleting the old. Best I can tell all BI 'knows' is its own settings and that they're pointing to some IP. If we create a new one, it shouldn't 'know' or carry over anything associated with the old. Yet that seems to make a difference.

I'll play around with it some more when I get a chance.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Ended up just deleting and creating it new again. PTZ works again now. Still don't understand why, but I'll take it.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
chiming in. same issue here. noticed when URL commands for PTZ presets stopped working.