PTZ not working (poe)

Reaction score
@h901 what firmware version are you using with the camera? I'm running the one from January of 2017 and I'm having issues with the focus. Once the camera zooms in past 80% it'll take anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds or more to focus. Have you experienced any focus issues with your camera?

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@h901 what firmware version are you using with the camera? I'm running the one from January of 2017 and I'm having issues with the focus. Once the camera zooms in past 80% it'll take anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds or more to focus. Have you experienced any focus issues with your camera?
Not sure what firmware as I'm away from home, but I haven't experienced any issues with focus.

Try changing the focus type to semi auto if not done so already

Reaction score
I've tried that and it doesn't make a difference. In addition to the horrible daytime focus it can barely focus at night if using any type of zoom. My firmware version is 2.423.0000.0.R.D32.3019.9A.NR Build Date 2017-1-18

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ptz cameras have two firmwares

One for the ptz aspect
And one for something else

Update them both, it might help. Also I think the firmware on my camera is from late 2016 (not sure exact date)

Reaction score
The most current firmware listed on Dahua's website for that camera is V2.06.69.R.161213 which is older than the firmware that came shipped with the camera. I want to try and downgrade to the older version to see if that fixes the problem. Andy said he would have to wait till Monday to speak with someone from Dahua about it. Maybe @nayr could chime in.

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Downgrade the firmware manually using the old version of config tool. When I called the company that supplied the equipment, they remotely accessed my computer and that's what the tech support guy did

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure of the version. It was for a different camera that had an issue with the firmware.

Thanks, Do you happen to know the version number of the old config tool? Did you also have to downgrade your firmware?

Reaction score
For anyone interested, found it on the Dahua wiki website. Its version 3.20. However, it didn't downgrade the firmware. Still running on 2017-01-18 after submitting an older firmware version

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone interested, found it on the Dahua wiki website. Its version 3.20. However, it didn't downgrade the firmware. Still running on 2017-01-18 after submitting an older firmware version
Are you connected directly to the camera or are you trying to update the camera through the network? If through the network then try connecting to the camera directly

Reaction score
Through the network. I'll try that next. I asked Andy if he could contact Dahua to see if they have an answer. I'll update when I hear back.