PTZ preset shifting

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ll definitely try it. I have idle motion set to 2 minutes. I’ll change it to one. Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You can also try stiring your coffee to the left which causes a negative flux on any PTZ ...........Joking mate, mine and other forum members was fixed to solid brick direct with the same problem JFYI.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve been messaging Andy. I think he’s more interested in selling than actually supporting the product. I’ve done everything he’s asked and tried all ideas offered. Another member named Hawkeye never got his issue resolved either. Maybe I am asking too much of a $450 camera. I would like it to work as advertised.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it sounds like you have been in contact with Andy and it sounds like he is trying troubleshooting methods with you - that is support....

Just because it isn't remediate replacement doesn't mean he isn't supporting you. Let him exhaust all those methods first.

Also remember he is basically a one-man show and is in Hong Kong, so the responses may not be immediate. If you want immediate responses then buy consumer grade Lorex and Amcrest with 800 numbers (although most come here after getting poor customer service and they couldn't solve the problem).

And yes we all know @ljw2k hates Andy and takes any opportunity to slam him, so please lets not have this thread derail like so many others have whenever you go on your rant :lmao: The fact of the matter is you did receive a full refund from Andy when it was clear you were not going to be satisfied. Further yours and some of the other complaints were with early versions of the model. Who knows how many have been sold between then and now and are working just fine.

@International784 - Maybe this isn't it, but we have seen stranger things with these cameras and browsers, but I noticed in your screenshot that you are using Edge maybe in IE compatibility mode.

Try actual Internet Explorer - maybe this is another goofy thing happening by not using Explorer.

All I can speak is from my personal experience and I have had two of these for years and they stay spot on. Two of my neighbors each have one and have zero complaints as well.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So it sounds like you have been in contact with Andy and it sounds like he is trying troubleshooting methods with you - that is support....

Just because it isn't remediate replacement doesn't mean he isn't supporting you. Let him exhaust all those methods first.

Also remember he is basically a one-man show and is in Hong Kong, so the responses may not be immediate. If you want immediate responses then buy consumer grade Lorex and Amcrest with 800 numbers (although most come here after getting poor customer service and they couldn't solve the problem).

And yes we all know @ljw2k hates Andy and takes any opportunity to slam him, so please lets not have this thread derail like so many others have whenever you go on your rant :lmao: The fact of the matter is you did receive a full refund from Andy when it was clear you were not going to be satisfied. Further yours and some of the other complaints were with early versions of the model. Who knows how many have been sold between then and now and are working just fine.

@International784 - Maybe this isn't it, but we have seen stranger things with these cameras and browsers, but I noticed in your screenshot that you are using Edge maybe in IE compatibility mode.

Try actual Internet Explorer - maybe this is another goofy thing happening by not using Explorer.

All I can speak is from my personal experience and I have had two of these for years and they stay spot on. Two of my neighbors each have one and have zero complaints as well.
He’s put me in touch with a guy here in the states. Since yesterday morning I’ve been using IE actual. I’ve stopped using preset names and left them as preset 1-6 or whatever. I’ve deleted the camera from BI. I’ve reset to factory defaults twice. I’ve tightened all the clamps. I’ve tightened the three set screws. There’s at least three people in different threads with the same problem. The presets aren’t always returning to their respective positions. The IVS zones are constantly off after a couple of movements of the ptz. I’ve eliminated every variable I can think of besides myself and the camera.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will add that the shift when zoomed out looks like 1/8 of an inch and when zoomed in the preset changes 1/4-5/16 and gradually gets worse. With the coordinates turned on, I can see a change in coordinates sometimes and sometimes not. Even if the coordinates aren’t changed, you can see the shift in preset by the FOV. Maybe I’m expecting too much from the “cheaper” unit but I would think it would be able to hold a preset.