PTZ presets for different profiles

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got a PTZ on our blue iris system. I've set the presets in the camera settings. I've set what preset I want during different blue iris profiles. The camera will auto track. If at night during profile 2 it detects motion and tracks for a given time, after tracking how can i get it to go back to the preset profile 2 calls for? Right now it just stays where it left off after tracking.

Josh

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You also have to set a schedule up for the PTZ so that it will go back to the preset once it is done with the trigger.

Open up the camera settings and select the Schedule tab.

Then at the bottom right is an "Events Schedule" button. Select it.

Then you get a menu where you can tell it to go to different presets based on time of day or with sunrise/sunset. If you don't have different ones, then just enable a schedule that is the same preset, or you can do as I did and have different presets for different times of days.

1663950960923.png

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess that's my real question, where do i set it to go back to a preset after a trigger?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where I said.

Open up the camera settings and select the Schedule tab.

Then at the bottom right is an "Events Schedule" button. Select it.

Then you get a menu where you can tell it to go to different presets based on time of day or with sunrise/sunset. If you don't have different ones, then just enable a schedule that is the same preset, or you can do as I did and have different presets for different times of days.

1663951750920.png

flyboy68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Per my op I’ve already set a profile at night with a preset in the event schedule. Are you saying that’s all I need? After tracking it will go back to the preset for that profile?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, if you set it up under that particular screen and check the box at the bottom "search-back at startup/reset" then it should return to whatever preset you set up.

So for example my profile 2 moves it to preset 18 at sunset. If motion happens and it autotracks, when it is done with the tracking, it moves it back to preset 18.

OR I have noticed that some people have had that issue. It is supposed to go back after the break time maximum duration. Mine works as intended as does it for some, but I have noticed some recent folks setting up it doesn't.

1663954780842.png

So what you can do as a workaround is go into the alerts and add a wait time for the duration and then tell it to go back to the preset.

1663954805169.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy God, and I thought I should buy an auto-track camera.
It's still in the box,,,,Somebody wants to buy it,,,,but I can't quite part with it yet.
It's gonna be a lonely job autotracking a Pontoon boat on a trailer in the back yard LOL ....
maybe I should stick with Static cams.