PTZ Presets working in Camera Web Interface but not BI

apoc9999

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a HoSafe Model H2MSD1PW PTZ camera and just set it up in Blue Iris. There was nothing under HoSafe for this particular model and when I did the inspect/find it came up with Foscam Model FI86xx/98xx compatible on RTSP port 554 and ONVIF port 8080. That worked and I see the camera and can move PTZ in the window but I have 4 presets (1-4) created and working in the HoSafe web interface. But for some reason only preset 2 does anything in Blue Iris and it just moves it all the way to one side. I've been using Blue Iris for years now but never had a PTZ camera and i'd like it to move through a couple of presets to get my entire drive and front yard.

Anyone have any advice? also, I am on BI v4.7.7.1 if that helps.

Thanks!

apoc9999

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I just did that and was able to get blue iris to move to presets (though for some reason the numbers didn't match up for example preset 4 from web interface was actually 7 in Blue Iris but I found it!). Looks like I'm up and running. Now to play with the settings so I get alerts but not just because it is moving! Thanks!

StevenP

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the same issue, i can move the camera with the camera software and set the presets, there are 3. The three presets work just fine in both the Camera Interface and IP Camera.

The Camera is on my Barn which is in an alley between the Barn and the Shed. the Three postions are

1: Gate to the Paddock
2: The Shed
3: The Driveway

But when i call them in BI, they are one off.

In this Snapshot the first name is where its actually going, and the second name is where its actually set to :

upload_2019-1-14_22-15-30.png

when it didn't work at first i changed the name/value to match the name in IP Camera. it didnt make any difference.

Any Ideas, I am going to change the names so it matches, but knowing the order and numbers are off, is going to get confusing.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what's the cam model and what do you have selected for 'network protocol' in BI's camera/PTZ tab?