PTZ Questions

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all merry xmas to you all

I have a couple of questions about my ptz that i think can someone can let me know if it will work before i spend hours trying out ..
no 1 if i set my cam to go from A to B and stay in position B for 1 hour. and then go back to A and stay they for 1 hour. is this something that ptz's will do.
Also if i can set my cam as that could i have this happen at certain times of the day. IE say i want it to start at 8.00 am in the morning and do the A to B position every hour until say 6.00 pm in the evening..
no 2 If the settings are possible will the cameras time need to be correct i have noticed a few times that it is not the right time on my laptop i do snyc it with the laptop but next time day or time i use the laptop i need to snyc the time again,
also is they any videos around showing how to set the sequence..

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all merry xmas to you all

I have a couple of questions about my ptz that i think can someone can let me know if it will work before i spend hours trying out ..
no 1 if i set my cam to go from A to B and stay in position B for 1 hour. and then go back to A and stay they for 1 hour. is this something that ptz's will do.
Also if i can set my cam as that could i have this happen at certain times of the day. IE say i want it to start at 8.00 am in the morning and do the A to B position every hour until say 6.00 pm in the evening..
no 2 If the settings are possible will the cameras time need to be correct i have noticed a few times that it is not the right time on my laptop i do snyc it with the laptop but next time day or time i use the laptop i need to snyc the time again,
also is they any videos around showing how to set the sequence..
This is easy to set up in blue iris using a schedule for each camera

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you got about $100 bucks get yourself a christmas present bi5 and a refurbed pc off ebay..
not sure why i would have a need to buy a pc or b iris... the dahua ptz i have should be able to achieve this i'm just asking if anyone as already done this . with they ptz . i thought they may be videos around . it's only setting the times i dont know how to do that side of it..

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
not sure why i would have a need to buy a pc or b iris... the dahua ptz i have should be able to achieve this i'm just asking if anyone as already done this . with they ptz . i thought they may be videos around . it's only setting the times i dont know how to do that side of it..
Was just a suggestion.. I couldnt go without blue iris now.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I know but even if i had b iris i would still need to ask the same question ..
I think it just might be easier and more reliable with BI5. I look at my 59225 later and try it

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is easy to set up in blue iris using a schedule for each camera
I have a shitty PTZ which Ihaven't put anywhere; just toyed with it a little when I got it with the view of putting it somewhere when I got some time,.. I'd be interested in a few bullet points of how the need described by OP could be done via BI5 schedules ? Heck it may be straight forward if I look but am at work now and thought I may as well ask ;)

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a shitty PTZ which Ihaven't put anywhere; just toyed with it a little when I got it with the view of putting it somewhere when I got some time,.. I'd be interested in a few bullet points of how the need described by OP could be done via BI5 schedules ? Heck it may be straight forward if I look but am at work now and thought I may as well ask ;)
Go into camera properties and click schedule tab.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
these are my ptz functions .. setting the zones on peset or tour is easy its the time schedules i'm having trouble with i wat the tour or pattern to start at 8.00 am and stay in one place for 1 hour then move to b or c stay they for 1 hour and continue each hour until 18.00 pm so stay at A then move to B each hour. i dont know if this can be done.. starting the same time each day 7 days a week..dahua 1.PNGdahua 2.PNG

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah ok,.. assume the rest is obvious when i'm there then ?
Get there and then post back and we can walk through it. I use a schedule on a ptz that watches my front yard at dusk til dawn then is zoomed in on mailbox/turnaround during the day time. Example 6am camera goes to the mailbox preset. 6pm ptz camera moves to front yard setting. You can make as many as you want as often every day or just one day so on and so on