PTZ returns to preset too soon

mrjgp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all thank you for taking the time to help me out. I’ve learned everything I know thus far from this site. Currently running BI, 8 4mp turrets and PTZ all from Empiretechandy. My SD49425XB-HNR Is amazing. I have to tweaks I was wondering if somebody can help me with. One it seems to return to preset too soon after auto tracking. I can walk into the trip and it’ll watch for a few seconds but not really capture all that happened. Second it doesn’t really zoom in as much as I’d prefer; not sure if that’s an adjustment that can be made.
One more newb question. On the settings to color in the squares, is the colored section what you do want to monitor or don’t? My understanding is the colored section is do want.
Thank you all!
Jon

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use Internet Explorer as this camera is very sensitive to this browser. Edge or Chrome with the IE tab will not work. The track time of 15 seconds will revert back to 15 seconds with any other browser.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. The target size is what has it zoom in to track - start at 35 and adjust after testing.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL

mrjgp

n3wb
Reaction score
Use Internet Explorer as this camera is very sensitive to this browser. Edge or Chrome with the IE tab will not work. The track time of 15 seconds will revert back to 15 seconds with any other browser.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. The target size is what has it zoom in to track - start at 35 and adjust after testing.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL
Thank you wittaj!

Can you elaborate on this just a bit more. And I agree with the less is more on the intrusion box!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want it to track consistently then it needs to be with IVS rules only. SMD and MD are not designed to track but to trigger and could override the tracking.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Leave min size as 0,0

thanks for this . Got the camera in a i won from andy and this was driving me crazy.