PTZ sent home on schedule breaks manual control

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to use an events schedule to send the PTZ home every 2 hours to get the motion detection override zones to work. If the camera it not sent home then the override zones don't work.

I send the camera home using the attached schedule. It works but the issue is that when the schedule is enabled and I manually send the camera to another location, within about a minute the camera goes home automatically and won't stay in the new location. This happens even if the manual control is not near the event time.
I must be missing something in the config so can someone point me to the correct settings?

1674182540409.png

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any ideas? It seems the troubleshooting forum gets less attention so let me know if I need to put it somewhere else.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Near the bottom of this page in BI, increase the time in "Resume Cycle/Schedule after inactivity" to your liking.

View attachment 151773
Okay that is simple. I'm not sure why that is needed if there is an enabled event schedule though. Is it because 2 hours ago the camera was sent home and it wants to go back there?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay that is simple. I'm not sure why that is needed if there is an enabled event schedule though. Is it because 2 hours ago the camera was sent home and it wants to go back there?
Click the help button on that window, and study that section.