PTZ Settings for Lorex W261AQ

fjk5146

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Lorex W261AQ which I am trying to add to my BI system. I setup the camera using the Lorex Home app. Once I got the camera connected to my local network I was able to control the camera using the PTZ controls in the Lorex Home iPhone app on my phone. I then went into BI and added the camera. I had to use admin for user and the camera password I had setup from the Lorex Home app. The video feed from the camera appeared on my BI screen. I then went to PTZ setup tab and enabled PTZ control. However, I can not pan or tilt the camera from BI.

Has anyone else had success setting up this camera in BI? If so could you share your PTZ settings?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you do the Find/inspect feature when you added the camera.

In the PTZ control tab, try a few of the Dahua options as one of them will probably get it going.

fjk5146

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I did not use the Find/Inspect feature to add the camera. I was able to find the model number in the BI camera selection dialog. I also tried all of the Dahua camera PTZ settings, but none of them worked. I will try the find and inspect and see what it says.

Fred

fjk5146

n3wb
Reaction score
I did the Find/Inspect and got the following information:

Opening 192.168.2.98 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 404
Opening 192.168.2.98 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

Does this give a hint on settings I should try for the PTZ controls?

Thanks,

Fred

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually the find/inspect will pick the best option for the camera. My Dahua PTZ comes in as generic and all the PTZ controls work in BI. Lorex is Dahua OEM, so it should work similar.