PTZ stopped working - SD6CE245U-HNI

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PTZ stopped working with one of the recent BI updates.
  • BI version 5.4.4.7 (Last worked on 5.4.3.12)
  • Video works fine
  • Firmware is current
  • PTZ works fine via camera web interface
  • Was originally generic ONVIF and worked fine
  • Downgraded BI and it started working again until BI self updated and it broke again. Now if I downgrade it won't work again.
  • Support had me try all of the Dahua camera options and all of the Dahua PTZ control options. No luck.
  • There is a 2nd "hidden" camera based on this with "area of interest" setup.

Ideas? Missing close in on activity :(

-Dwight

1620391877746.png1620391904069.png

Last edited:

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haven't yet due to multiple configurations and interactions. About to do that... I did try adding an all new camera pointing to the same one and that didn't work.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have done that, full power off on both camera and PC just in case...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Make a hard reset to the camera , press the reset button for 5-7 seconds, make sure camera is powered . Make a testing via the 192.168.1.108 to check if the camera has issue or the BI.
And re-add again to the BI if the camera still working.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Well is sure sounds like a BI issue. The camera works fine and has PTZ control via the camera's web GUI. It just doesn't have PTZ control in BI (but everything else works in BI).

I would definitely start by deleting all instances of this camera in BI and recreating them. I suspect that will fix the issue.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is driving me crazy... about to severely drop back on BI versions, but I want to keep the DeepStack integration

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy... about to severely drop back on BI versions, but I want to keep the DeepStack integration
my hikvision speed dome and one of my three Dahua cameras have the same problem. I have done everything that has been suggested as above with still no love. they will work in the camera's web interface but not in BI

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just upgrade to premium support as I was due in a month anyways, will go voice/remote if I have to with BI and share what is discovered.