PTZ Stopped working

webrat11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
Camera: Hikvision DS-2DE5220I-AE
BI: 4.8.3 x64
The PTZ functions have stopped working on the Windows 7 client, the Android app and UI3. Go to preset works. The camera is all OK, PTZ works in Hikvision Client.

No recent updates of any kind.

Any ideas please. Thanks,
Ian

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Same with an odd-brand camera that I have. Existing presets work but no manual PTZ function. Does work with the cam's own interface. Other PTZ cams do still work. No changes to the cam or BI for that cam. Something must have changed within some recent update and I didn't notice until more recently. Updated to the latest and problem continues. Tried various changes with no effect.

I need to send an email to let him know. You probably should too so he knows that it's more than just one of us.

camtastic

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed a dahua DH-SD22404T-GN and was having similar issues.

PTZ stopped working in blue iris a few minutes after the install but continued to work when i use the web interface (ip address of cam in web browser).

It continues to function as run otherwise and when i right click on the screen of that cam in blue iris and select "restart camera", it flashes the color bars for a second and the PTZ works again, but only for a few minutes.

I am happy that at least I can just restart the camera and still ptz around for as long as i'd normally want to, still a bummer though. like having an old car that theres a trick to starting, only this isnt a car and I unboxed it yesterday.

One more notable observation... after I "restart camera" and everything is back up and ptz is working, "Preset Invalid" is flashing on the left side of the screen once every 30-ish seconds for several minutes, and once it stops flashing, ptz no longer works on blue iris.

here is how I fixed it, in blue iris i right clicked on the screen and went to "camera properties", then the "ptz/Control" tab, halfway down under "preset positions" i clicked the "edit presets" button, there were about 15 presets in the list and one by one i cleared them all. Also, logged in on the web interface and made sure there were no presets in there and there were not. No more flashing invalid preset and ptz works just fine. I hope you guys find similar results

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
...I am happy that at least I can just restart the camera and still ptz around for as long as i'd normally want to, still a bummer though. like having an old car that theres a trick to starting, only this isnt a car and I unboxed it yesterday.

One more notable observation... after I "restart camera" and everything is back up and ptz is working, "Preset Invalid" is flashing on the left side of the screen once every 30-ish seconds for several minutes, and once it stops flashing, ptz no longer works on blue iris.

here is how I fixed it, in blue iris i right clicked on the screen and went to "camera properties", then the "ptz/Control" tab, halfway down under "preset positions" i clicked the "edit presets" button, there were about 15 presets in the list and one by one i cleared them all. Also, logged in on the web interface and made sure there were no presets in there and there were not. No more flashing invalid preset and ptz works just fine. I hope you guys find similar results
Restarting doesn't help mine and I don't get the "Preset Invalid" message. Only presets that I see are the same in both cam and BI. Don't want to try deleting them (yet at least) since that's the only way that I can move the cam at this point.

camtastic

n3wb
Reaction score
i would also choose presets over manual function if I had to live without one. I can report that since i cleared all presets, I have added a few on the camera interface and then just added the same presets in blue iris with the same description name and name/value and nothing else filled out. so far the ptz home button on blue iris takes me to preset 1, and my preset buttons work perfectly. manual ptz is still working also. maybe bring up both preset screens and make sure they match. it seems that my issue was a preset conflict that took me some effort to resolve.